Procedure to Fix Protruding Lips?

My mouth protrudes as a result of my lips. I have seen a cosmetic dentist but he informed me that my teeth are not the cause. The problematic area is not the lip itself but I have a lot of fat in the area between my lips and nose (PHILTRUM area).

Is there a procedure to remove the fat there? I also attached photos. Please help me Drs as I'm fairly unhappy with how I look. I am worried that lip reduction will only reduce the size of my lips. I want my philtrum area to be pushed back

Lip Reduction

+1

The procedure to reduce the size of the lips is called Cheiloplasty or a Lip Reduction.  Incisions are made on the inside of the lip and the lips are reduced.  Dissolvable stitches are placed inside the mouth and the lips are swollen for about 7-10 fdays during which time a soft diet is suggested.

Lip reduction

+1

First, the photo is a bit distorting, and a side view could be helpful if you are complaining about lip fullness at the philtrum. Without examining you or seeing better photos, it would be difficult to offer choices.

A lip reduction procedure will help you tremendously

+1

A lip reduction procedure entails incisions inside your mouth and lips and resecting a portion of the lips to reduce the overall size. This procedure can be done in an outpatient setting and should take about 1 hour or so. It is relatively a low risk procedure and it can be done under just local anesthesia or with iv sedation. General anesthesia is not necessary and actually makes is harder in some ways.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for reading,

Dr Young

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon