Procedures for Deep and Wrinkly Tear Troughs?

I am considering getting fillers injected into my tear troughs. Are there any suggestions for procedures you would make based on the attached photographs? Also, anything I should do before or after the filler to make the skin plump and pretty? I have done extensive research on under-eye creams and such but nothing really seems to stand out. I don't have "bags"; I have an absence not a presence.

Dermal fillers can be a great option for filling up the tear troughs

+1

Depending on the laxity of your eyelids and prominence of the tear troughs, dermal fillers such as Restylane can be a great option for this condition. However, lower eyelid surgery may be needed if the laxity of the skin is too great or there are fat herniations present.

I hope I was helpful.

Austin Dermatologist

You can improve your lower eyelid tear troughs with Injectable Fillers.

+1

You appear to have typical lower eyelid grooves that can be minimized with an Injectable Filler treatment. You should consult a dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon experienced in the art of filling this delicate area and see some photos before proceeding. I wouldn't start any new creams right before an Injectable Filler treatment. You could discuss skin care with your physician at the time of your consultation.

I've attached a link to my Injectable Filler photos for your perusal.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Web reference: http://ericmjoseph.com/index.cfm/ProcedureNameID/692/PageID/4141

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane, Juvederm or diluted Radiesse works good for deep tear troughs

+1

Filling in the area with temporary fillers like Juvederm or Restylane @ $550 per syringe and usually needing about 2 syringes works good and should be done in 2-3 sessions over 1-2 weeks time so as not to get lumpy if done all at once. Diluting Radiesse with lidocaine also works well and tends to last longer than the other fillers @630 per syringe.

Web reference: http://www.TheBestLipoDoc.com/drdavidhansen/landing/

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Good filler candidate

+1

Newtoski,

You look like an ideal candidate for the use of Restylane to fill your periorbital area. I do not recommend any pre-treatments. It is best, however, if you avoid medications listed by Dr. Aldea in his response. In addition, I have found that there may be more bruising in patients who have had alcoholic drinks within a few days prior to the procedure.

Dr. Torkian

Retylane for the tear troughs - the "non-surgical" eye tuck (blepharoplasty)

+1

Restylane is a reasonable option for the tear trough. There are few products that actually thicken the skin with Retin-A being the most studied. Caution must be exercised in use of Retin-A around the periorbital region.  

Injecting the tear troughs

+1

You look like a good candidate for Restylane to the tear troughs.  This would add the missing volume that you need.  It doesn't treat the skin but the volume will be nice.

Web reference: http://www.randcosmeticsurgery.com

Tear Trough Filling - Filling an Absence to create a Presence

+1

Properly placed Restylane in the Tear Trough (Nasojugal lines) will correct much of what you show in your cropped photograph. You do not need to pre-treat the areas with anything but MUST be off all pills and dietary supplements which increase bleeding times (such as Aspirin, Advil, Alleve, Vit. E, Ginger, Garlic, Nuprin etc).

Dr. P. Aldea