What Procedure Can I Do That Will A.) Correct my Puffy Nipples B.) Make Areolas Smaller and C.) Make my Boobs Less Tubular?

i know theres three diffrent procedures but is there anyway i can do all in one procedure?

You need tubular breast correction.

+2

Hi.

Large areolas and tubular breasts are part of the same problem, and they are corrected with a modified "doughnut" breast lift. This is often done together with implants, but not necessarily.

If in addition, your nipples are too large, they can be reduced at the same time.

Tubular breasts: There is a solution!

+1

Tuberous breast repairs are commonly scar ridden flat and unnatural looking.  The good news is that I have developed a specific technique to create natural appearing breasts with hidden scars for this type of breast shape. The procedure involves a special subfascial placement of silicone implants and a special nipple lift and areolar reduction with a hidden scar.  The results are very natural appearing. 

Best regards,

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Rian A. Maercks, MD

Tuberous Breasts Correction

+1

Yes, tuberous (constricted) breasts can be treated in one stage safely. Tuberous breasts have a very narrow base, short distance from areola to inframammary fold, tight (constricted) lower pole of the breasts, relatively wide space between the breasts, "puffy" and areola and some degree of ptosis (drooping).  

Generally, the procedure involves breast augmentation with areola reduction / mastopexy procedure. The distance from the inframammary fold is increased (to create a more rounded out appearance). Proper implant positioning improves the distance (cleavage) between the breasts. The areola reduction helps to treat the pointed and "puffy" appearance of the areola.

In the most severe cases of tuberous breast, a more complete breast lift may also be necessary.  In many cases however, a lift is not necessary. The patient should be aware that the final result will take months to see and that they will need to be patient and that revisionary surgery is more likely than in patients who do not present with tuberous (constricted) breasts.

Correct Puffy Nipples B.) Make Areolas Smaller and C.) Make Boobs Less Tubular?

+1

Yes this is a clasical constricted breast deformity correction and I choose to treat this with circumareolar mastopexy/reduction, dual plane dissection, radial relaxing incisions and submuscular placement of modest sized silicone gel filled  implants.

Correction of the Tuberous (Snoopy Dog) breast deformity

+1

Regarding: "What Procedure Can I Do That Will A.) Correct my Puffy Nipples B.) Make Areolas Smaller and C.) Make my Boobs Less Tubular?
i know theres three diffrent procedures but is there anyway i can do all in one procedure
"

Tuberous (as in Tuber, root) Breast Deformity is a form of constricted breast in which a Snoopy Dog deformity is seen characterized by wide, puffy or herniated nipple complexes crowning  a constricted snout like usually small breast. Correction involves a periareolar incision through which any herniated fat is removed, the areola is reduced, the constriction is released with radial cuts from the inside out close to under the skin and often a small implant is placed to keep the breast open. This IS done in a single procedure.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Tuberous breasts

+1

Your description sounds like the tuberous breast deformity where the skin of the lower half of the breast remains attached to the chest wall & does not grow with the remainder of the breast during puberty. The result is a breast with less tissue below the nipple than above it & a high infra-breast skin crease. The developing tissue in some cases may be forced into or herniate into the darker tissue surrounding the breast nipple (areola) &/or may be constricted at its base. This may occur in one or both breasts. The difference between this scenario & small breasts is that small breasts are symmetrically smaller with respect to the circumference & center of the breast.

The treatment involves correction of the hernia if present, release of the constricted base & lowering of the attachment of the breast to the chest wall (inframammary or under the breast skin crease) with or without placement of a breast implant. If one merely places a breast implant without correcting the other problems the resulting breast will look far from normal. The deformity may be mild & therefore unnoticed until after breast augmentation which magnifies the deformity. This necessitates a return to the operating room to treat the deformity & improve the look of the breast implants. Without a photo or face to face examination it is impossible to tell how severe the tuberous nature of your breasts is or what procedure(s) would be indicated.

Aaron Stone, MD

Tuberous breasts?

+1

Treating tuberous breasts can reduce the areola and puffiness, fix the constriction, and increase the width of the tight base.

What can I do for tuberous breasts?

+1

Tuberous breasts are actually more common than you think and often are identified by the following characteristics:

• large, dilated, and often puffy nipples
  • short distance from the nipple to the breast crease
  • triangular shape to lower breast pole

This being said, many patients actually have more subtle forms of this lower pole constriction and so it is critical that we, as plastic surgeons, be mindful of this with every patient.  The reason is that there are a few extra steps that may need to be taken to assure an optimal result (that may not be necessary with a more straightforward augmentation). 

For patients with tuberous breasts, I generally recommend a combination of the following procedures:

• breast augmentation through an areolar incision
  • possible reduction/lift of the nipple & areaola
  • lower pole glandular scoring

By performing these three steps, I have seen very nice results in my patients with tuberous breasts. 

Because this is a more challenging case than your average augmentation, look for a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who is expernced in breast enhancement and who has done a number of similiar cases to yours.

I hope that helps!

Gregory A. Buford, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous Breast Correction

+1

Tuberous breasts tend to be narrow at the base and are overly projecting for their size, and this phenomenon may occur on one or both sides. In its mildest form, the lower pole of the breast is underdeveloped or may even appear constricted - sometimes referred to as a 'constricted lower pole'. In severe cases the breast is conical in shape and is sometimes described by the patient as looking like a 'torpedo' or a 'Snoopy dog'. Regardless of the degree of tuberosity, it is possible to dramatically improve the appearance of the tuberous breast during augmentation surgery using a number of specialized surgical techniques.

Many patients with severely tuberous breasts have said that they have never removed their bra in an intimate setting. Careful patient assessment, thoughtful planning and attention to detail during the surgical procedure can produce a dramatic and life-changing improvement for most patients with tuberous breasts.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breast and augmenation

+1

You should educate yourself about tuberous breast deformity as it sounds like you may have this.  Understanding the different levels or severity of the problem can make it easier to understand the many different treatment plans.  For example, pts with enlarge "puffy" nipples but otherwise near normal shaped breasts are often improve by a nipple reduction and augmenation, while the severe cases may need two operations (one to expand the skin and another to place an implant).  Seeking the advise of a board certified PS is a must for you.

Delio Ortegon, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon