Procedure to Achieve More Cheek Definition?

The part under the cheeks, how can we shallow it (thin), so it gives a face with more definition and character?

There are several options to consider

+2

In the past fat excision done through the mouth was often done to create more definition of the cheeks. For some definition was created through augmentation of the cheeks themselves. Liposuction can also be performed as well. It all depends upon your examination and what would work best in your situation. One thing to consider is doing a temporary cheek augmentation with a filler such as Perlane or Juvederm Ultra Plus. If you like the look of fuller cheeks that the filler gives you can even consider a permanent options such as a cheek implant. Again of course you would need to see your plastic surgeon to determine which option is best for you. How very exciting.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Go subtle and natural for cheek definition

+2

Bonjour,

Thank you for including a photo with your question. Based on what I can see you are quite fortunate in that you already have well defined contours and definition from your cheeks down to your jaw line (you are smiling a little which does distort the anatomy but I can't imagine things looking drastically different at rest for you).

I personally feel that removal of tissues from the face / cheek area in order to achieve more definition should be a rare thing to do. Especially in your case since you are younger and invariably as we age that loss of volume becomes a problem.

I would suggest instead that you consider using a small amount of filler (Juvederm, Evolence, Radiesse) to help define your cheekbone more - this would give you the definition you seek and also contour your face so that the area under the cheeks will appear "shallow" as you desire it to look. Another consideration would be to use fat injections to accomplish the same goals. It does appear that there is some asymmetry to your face (we all have it to some degree or another) and this would need to be taken into consideration.

Based on this one photo alone I don't think cheek / malar implants would be considered.

Your needs are subtle and you certainly can get natural results given your baseline anatomy.

Buccal fat removal

+1

After reviewing picture presented, I see no reason to remove buccal fat pad from this beautiful face. This procedure was mostly abandoned twenty years ago. There is a general decline of fat in the face during the aging process over the next twenty to thirty years, so it is important not to accelerate the aging process and keep what you have.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.