What Procedure Can Take Care of my Sagging Skin? (photo)

I am 5'1 and 120lbs. I am a mother of 4 (7,4, twins 2) with having 3 c-section. I am perfectly ok with my body but not so much about my belly and the sagging skin. I have had a breast augmentation but very unsure about what could fix my problem. Please help!

Best Procedures to Treat “Sagging Skin” after Pregnancies?

+2

Thank you for the question and picture.

Given your history, viewing your picture, and reading your description of goals/concerns I think you will be best off with a tummy tuck operation. This operation will serve to remove a significant amount of “sagging” skin.  The abdominal wall muscles have most likely spread significantly, especially with twin pregnancy. Plication  of the abdominal wall muscles (midline re approximation of the rectus muscles)  will serve to reconstruct the abdominal wall muscle anatomy and bring in your waistline even further.

You will benefit from in person consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons; ask to see lots of examples of their work. Hopefully,  you will be able to see and/or speak with patients who have undergone the procedure as well.

Sagging Skin?

+2

Thanks for your question and the attached photo.

The photo is not quite enough to make a firm recommendation (and an actual physical exam is superior to any photo). 

I suspect the best (and only) option will be a tummy tuck. In the photo your arms are elevated, and that will tighten your abdominal skin and make the photo show less than the whole problem. Nothing else wiil provide enough skin tightening. I can't tell if there is any laxity in your abdominal muscles from a front view only, but if there is that too will be improved with a tummy tuck. 

Best answer to your question will come from a consult with your plastic surgeon. 

Thanks and best wishes. 

Tummy tuck candidate

+1

In order for you to get rid of the stretch marks above year belly button you will require a full tummy tuck. You also have some abdominal laxity which will require sutures to be placed to tighten your core and have the excess skin removed.  You certainly appear to be in good shape, but my recommendation is to go with a full tummy tuck.  I would speak with a plastic surgeon and relay your concern about limiting the length of the incision.  The only way to know if this is possible, is to meet with a plastic surgeon and have a full physical exam performed.  Good luck!

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Mommy Make Over for the Tummy

+1

Your photos seem to indicate that you would be a good candidate for mini tummy tuck, limited liposuction and C-Section scar revision. An exam would be required to know for sure.    Here are the details of the procedure:
Mini-abdominoplasty tightens the lower abdominal wall muscles and removes redundant skin below the umbilicus, belly button, only. The shortest scar technique leaves a scar at the pubic hair line. Liposuction may be used alone or in conjunction with a tummy tuck to benefit selected patients
‘Mini” tummy tucks can benefit patients who have a small amount of excess skin and fat or protruding of the lower abdomen. This operation may be done under local anesthesia with sedation, on an outpatient basis. Liposuction may be used alone or in conjunction with a tummy tuck to benefit selected patients.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Tummy tuck will remove sagging skin.

+1

You have done an excellent job of restoring your pre pregnancy tummy and now it appears you would like a little help to get rid of the sagging skin that will not contract. I always recommend doing your daily abdominal work to restore the muscle tone that we lose during pregnancy because the baby needs the room to grow. After you feel like your muscles are really toned and strong make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon to review your best options to remove the sagging skin. A mini tummy tuck leaving the umbilicus in place may be all that you need. Remember to set up the support system you will need during your recovery so that you can optimize your chances for a safe and healthy recovery and excellent result. Hope this helps.

Laurie Casas, MD

Several options

+1

Thank you for the question and photo.  You seem to have moderate laxity of the center portion of your abdomen.  It would be interesting to evaluate whether pulling up on your abdominal skin would improve your appearance as this would be a reverse tummy tuck.  You are in a middle field where you do not have all of the laxity that would make you a great candidate for a full tummy tuck and yet a mini tummy tuck would not improve the center portion of your abdomen.  Another option to a full tummy tuck would be a reverse tummy tuck and a mini tummy tuck combined.  Whatever you decide make sure you have plenty of consultations with well trained board certified plastic surgeons to evaluate your options.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Tummy tuck after 4 kids (including twins)

+1

Congratulations on the 4 kids and getting yourself back in such good shape. It appears you have loose extra skin even above your belly button, so a tummy tuck would probably be the best surgical options. A mini tummy tuck doesn't get rid of the extra skin above the belly button very good. 

Armin Moshyedi, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon