Best Procedure Available to Treat the Appearance of a Deep Scar? (photo)

Hello there, What are the most effective procedures available today to remove my depressed scar that is located on my forehead? Also, is there the possibility that the appearance may improve naturally, given time? Any and all feedback is truly appreciated!

Scar revision for depressed scar

+2

Given the width and degree of depression of the scar, its appearance is unlikely to improve significantly with time.  Scar revision with full-thickness excision of the scar and meticulous reapproximation of the wound edges, followed possibly by laser resurfacing or dermabrasion, will yield the best cosmetic result.  

Options to treat deep scar

+2

The picture you provided is very helpful.  I'm not sure how old your scar is, but I doubt that it would improve with more time.  I really think the best method to improve your scar is to have it surgically removed.  Basically, the scar would need to be excised and the skin closed to give you a better scar that is not depressed.  I believe this would give you the best and longest lasting result.

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sar

+1

There seems to be a couple of deep scars on your forehead. An option would be to treat this with a scar revision which would exchange one type of scar for another.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS