Procedure and Recovery Time of a Rhinoplasty? (photo)

Hi, My nose has a few imperfections that I'd like to have corrected with rhinoplasty, if possible. My nose is quite blunt, and my columnella shows too much. I wonder if it's possible to "lift" the columnella to correct these problems, and slightly narrow my nostrils too? Could you please include your price ranges for such a procedure? Thanks!

Improving Tip with Rhinoplasty

+2

Based on a single limited picture of your nose the columella can be lifted and the tip and the nasal base can be narrowed. A full set of pictures as described on my website would be helpful but the cost for what I described would be $5,000-7,000. Recovery would be 7-10 days but the result would continue to improve for about 1 year.

Cost of rhinoplasty

+2

Hello Sadie,

Thank you for the question and the photo.  There are many options available to shape and improve the appearance of your nose.  Although it is hard to tell with certainty from your photo I suspect that a columella strut would be needed as well as cephalon trip of your nostril cartilages.  These together with a nostril reductionay be a few of the corrections that can help improve the shape of your nose.  An open rhinoplasty would likely be needed and this cost can vary betwee 7 and 10 K.  This price will vary from one region to another and from one plastic surgeon to another.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Procedure and Recovery Time of a Rhinoplasty?

+2

Dear Sadie,

It is hard to make full recommendations with only a partial view of the face.  In Rhinoplasty it is important to match the nose to the face and there are certain aesthetic lines to follow.  Your tip is wide and this can be slimmed and sculpted.  Would need to see other views of your nostrils and columella, but these can be altered as well.  Prices range from surgeon to surgeon and city to city, but choosing a surgeon based on price is probably not the way to go.  The following link is an example of tip refining.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

+1

From the photo provided, the nasal tip is a bit wide, nostrils flared and the tip is over-rotated showing too much Columella from the front.  The chin also appear weak although a profile view would be needed to verify that finding.  To thin the nasal tip, a Tip-plasty without a full Rhinoplasty could be performed including a Columellar tuck that would de-emphasize the over-rotated tip.  A Chin Implant, if desired, could be done at the same time to augment the chin and balance the entire lower face.

The Tip-Plasty would range around $7,000-8,000 and the chin Implant another $5,000.  You would be able to fly home one week following the surgery.  Hope this helps.

Total price for an uncomplicated rhinoplasty around 5000.

+1

The photograph is inadequate to allow for a specific operative strategy. Video imaging would be a wonderful way to figure out the desired outcome.

Columellar-plasty and alar-plasty

+1

Both a columellar-plasty and an alar-plasty can be performed at the same time under local or general anesthesia. The price will differ depending upon the type of anesthetic performed. Please see the link below to our photo gallery and price list.