What to Do for Remaining Flaccidity of Butt/thighs Post Lower Body Lift?

I had a lower body lift and inner thigh lift (groin incision) 5 wks ago and while the TT portion looks great I have significant loose skin on the thighs front and back and sagging buttock folds...would gluteal implants take up much slack? I have no body fat to use for grafting. Or do I need a second butt lift? And/or another thigh lift using an inner thigh incision running from groin toward knee? MD says he took 12-14cm of skin all the way around. Is there a limit to how much can be taken?

Lower body lift and looseness

+2

There is always residual laxity after a lower body lift this is related to your overall skin quality. Remember if it is too tight, you can not bend and the scar may stretch or even pull apart.  The pull is always better near the closure. The further away you are the less it helps.  You  may need direct excision on the buttock crease, or implants.

Residual Looseness of lower Buttocks AFTER Lower Body Lift

+2

Although you must look a lot better than you did before your body lift, I agree that you still have looseness and sagging of the buttocks. I cannot comment on your thighs since this single photograph does not address that area.

Residual sagging is the result of insufficient skin removal as well as poor fixation and damaged skin which gives after the surgery resulting in collapse and sagging.  I would wait 4-6 months to allow both the inflammation and probably further sagging to declare itself. You then may benefit from a "Butterfly" type buttock lift which would greatly lift the buttocks and smooth the folds you are bothered by now. If you did have any areas of fat by then, grafting the lifted buttocks would beautifully enhance the appearance and "turbo charge" the result of this Buttock Lift.   Good Luck.

Dr. P. Aldea

Residual sagging and looseness after lower body lift!

+1

You are 5 weeks post-op, and your single photo shows what must be nice improvement from your lower body lift. However, I understand your being bummed about seeing looseness at this early stage after surgery. It appears that additional surgery may help to a degree, but your skin's own innate laxity (lack of collagen and elastic fibers--usually genetic, and sometimes obesity-related) makes additional excisions all prone to the same early and recurrent loss of tone. Buttock implants carry too high a risk of infection, IMHO, but there are good plastic surgeons who do this operation and accept these risks. I would neither fat graft nor augment your buttocks.

Rather, I would wait for 6 months to see just how much everything settles, softens, and stretches before making any adjustments or considering  a surgical plan. For now, enjoy looking (much) better, and don't obsess about the rest!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon