Problems Associated with Rhinoplasty?

I want to know what are the chances of these problems occuring and do physical fitness etc affect these problems such as incresing them or decreasing them. Also how do you know if the person can tolerate the anesthesia or are their different types for everyone. My last questions whats the chances of dying from a rhinoplasty, and is it affected by which area of your nose is being done such as a bulbous tip will increase the chances of dying compared to removing a hump?

Risks with Rhinoplasty

+1

There are risks with rhinoplasty just as there are with any surgical procedure.  These risks should be reviewed with you in detail by your surgeon.

That being said, it is uncommon to have any series complications associated with rhinoplasty in the hands of a skilled surgeon.  I would recommend that you visit a surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty and whom you trust and have excellent references to discuss your concerns further.  Best Regards,

Jacque P. LeBeau, MD

LeBeau Clinic

Pensacola Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty risks

+1

Rhinoplasty surgical risks are similar to other procedures. There are always some risks but they are not very common.  Risks of infection, hematoma, excessive bruising, irregularities, septal perforations, unfavorable scarring, and need for further surgery to name a few.

Problems with Rhinoplasty

+1

There are always risks with every surgical procedure, but I've never seen a serious complication after a rhinoplasty .A patient in good health who carefully follows the surgeon's pre-operative instructions will decrease the risk of any complication. Your surgeon should carefully discuss all possible complications and individualize those risks depending on your health and the demands of your operation. 

Problems associated with Rhinoplasty

+1

You are asking if I'm correct the risk/benefit ratio for rhinoplasty. There are always risks but they are very rare. Discuss this in person with a boarded surgeon. Get a good informed consent.

Best of luck from MIAMI DR. B

Rhinoplasty Risk

+1

Hi,

There is always a risk with any kind of surgery. Most rhinoplasty procedures can be done under sedation which eliminate the risks of general anesthesia. Even patients with medical problems have a relatively low risk with surgery. Dying from rhinoplasty surgery is extremely rare.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty is a very safe operation

+1

There is no such thing as any surgical procedure that is without risk. However, serious health risk from Rhinoplasty is extremely rare. Since surgery is relatively short (under 2 1/2 hours) risks are further minimized. Complications from the nasal surgery are also very low when surgery is performed by a skilled rhinoplasty surgeon.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Complications from rhinoplasty.

+1

Rhinoplasty complications are extremely rare. Poor choice of surgeon is the most frequent. In 35 years of rhinoplasty, I have never had to send anyone to the hospital. Death would probably be related to anesthesia and I have never, nor do most qualified surgeons have this. Infection and bleeding are rare.

Rhinoplasty is one of the safest procedures and gives some of the greatest benefits in plastic surgery.