Problems with Post-fraxel Repair, Better Change to Ematrix for Asian Skin?

Hi, I'm asian. I got problems with acne scars around both cheeks and a bit on my forehead.So 7 months ago, I had my first Fraxel Repair which I saw the improvements of my scars around 30%, redness reduced in 2 months. One month ago,I did 2nd Repair with very high setting. I got blotchy red-burned browness on the treated areas which seems unheal like the first day. I'm deciding between go back to do 3rd Repair which impressed with results but depressed with post-treat or change to Ematrix?

Another (3"rd) Fraxel repair for Acne Scars in Asian with PIH Verus eMatrix?

+2

Hi Aphrodite,

It sounds as if your first treatment settings were better for you, the second treatment settings too high.  There is less chance of PIH with ematrix.  The results of Fraxel repair better with a single treatment, but again your chances of PIH are higher.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

If you do Fraxel Repair on Asian skin, you must avoid the Sun 100% until all of the redness is gone.

+2

If you do Fraxel Repair on Asian skin, you must avoid the Sun 100% until all of the redness is gone or you will risk hyperpigmentaton.  If you have a stong history of hyperpigmentation, I would recommend using eMatrix or the Fraxel 1550 Restore lasers instead of the Fraxel Repair laser.  I have treated quite a few Asian patient with Fraxel Repair Laser with outstanding results.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon