Is a Dental Implant Procedure pretty straightforward, should I expect any problems??

Should I be prepared for any problems that might happen during a dental implant? What are some of the common problems after a procedure? Sensitivity, gum pain, that type of thing?

Post Operative Dental Implant Instructions

+1

The dental implant process is now mainstream in dentistry and like all procedures there are some issues to be knowledgeable of following the procedure.  I have had patients receiving only one or two implants that do not even feel the need to take Advil following the procedure.  With larger surgery cases there can be some post operative discomfort that could require prescription medication for several days.  The most important thing to remember following implant surgery is that you should be on a RX antibacterial rinse for one week and your hygiene should be immaculate.  Follow all of the instructions given to you after the procedure and you will minimize your chance of post operative complications.   

Houston Cosmetic Dentist

Dental Implants

+1

Dental implants are typically very straightforward.  You should select a surgeon with proper training and a great reputation.  When done correctly, there are seldom any complications.

Pamela Marzban, DDS
Fairfax Cosmetic Dentist

Dental implants are painless and successful

+1

I have placed implants in as little as 5 min. Patients say they take one Tylenol that same night and no pain meeds after that. Plus, little or no swelling or bleeding. 99% success rate in some studies.

Mitchell A. Josephs, DDS
Palm Beach Cosmetic Dentist

Implant Surgery Discomfort

+1

Placing dental implants is a highly predictable procedure.  Most studies show a success rate of about 96%.  I call every single patient the evening after the procedure, most report just a little soreness.  Nothing that Motrin can’t handle.  Many patients even go to work right after they leave my office.   Infections are very rare, especially since we pre-medicate all patients with antibiotics.  It has become a routine procedure for the most part, one that our patients love. Good Luck!

Peter Mann, DDS
Manhattan Cosmetic Dentist

Should I Expect Any Problems With Dental Implant Placement?

+1

Dental implants if done by a competent surgeon are amazingly straight forward. I personally had a dental implant placed and experienced virtually no post-operative discomfort of any kind. Dental implants if treatment planned correctly and placed by a competent surgeon is one of the least invasive and most comfortable dental surgical procedure.  The other great thing about a dental implant is that it is close to what God gave you as you'll ever get.

Good luck!

Brad Lockhart, DDS
Tustin Cosmetic Dentist

Dental Implants - Limited discomfort and very successful

+1

If done properly Dental Implants are one of the most predictable and successful dental procedures you can have.  To achieve great results a proper screening is needed to assess the bone and tissue.  

• Generally you should expect very little discomfort if any.  On rare occations the implant may not integrate and will be rejected.  This could occur due to accidental trauma to the implant within the first couple of weeks.  To prevent that, care must be taken initially when eating near the implant site.  Implant can also fail if the bone around it is not dense enough.  Just because an implant might fail it does not mean that another one cannot be placed in the same area at a later date.  
  • Implant success is amazing but people that are smokers or diabetic do have a greater risk of problems.  

Ask the dentist to give you references  of other clients that have had implants done.  Speaking to them will put you at ease.

Dan Haas, DDS
Toronto Cosmetic Dentist

Implant surgery post op

+1

If properly planned and in the right hands, Implant surgery  is usually  very straighforward.

Usually patients are pleasantly surprised of how little discomfort they experience after implant placement.

With proper care recovery is also quick and uneventful

Dr Minniti

Lorenzo Minniti, DDS
Alpharetta Cosmetic Dentist