Detachment of Gummy Bear Breast Implants and Fluid Buildup?

I'm a healthy 36 year old. I got Gummy Bear implants (445cc) put in 2 years ago. 1.5 yrs later fluid started to build in the right breast making it painful and enlarging a great deal in size. After an MRI was done it showed that the implant on my right side had for lack of a better word unattached from my body and fluid built around it. It was replaced. Fast forward six months later the same thing has happened to the left side. I just had it replaced last week. Any advice or explaination?

Seroma After Gummy Bear Breast Implants

+1

Dear  Rosie,

Without examination, it is hard to assess what could be reason behind what you had to go through but it seems to me that you are an active person who had the implants detach within their pocket due to rubbing and fluid builds up around them (Seroma).

Replacing the old implants with the same type of implants may put you at risk of developing the same condition again especially if the cause of the seroma is an active lifestyle.

I encourage you to consider alternative implants (saline, silicone) and to consult with your surgeon as he/she would know the cause of the detachment after replacing your first implant.

Best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Seroma after implants

+1

It is unclear why you developed a seroma, but it is certainly possible.  More details and an in-office exam would be beneficial to determine possible causes.

Seroma and gummy bear breast implants

+1

Highly cohesive shaped implants have an aggresively textured surgace which in very active individuals cause friction in the pocket and a fluid collection or seroma is the result. A smooth implant, less stiff and cohesive, will solve the problem.