Problems Looking for the Right Surgeon? (photo)

I've gone to two different plastic surgeon consultations so far and they keep telling me that they won't do any implants that are Extended Anatomical bringing a square chin look along with a strong jawline. They just want to do the tip which won't change anything at all and just make my chin look pointy . Why are a lot them afraid to do this ? Are their any plastic surgeons out there that will do this procedure ? What are your recommendations?

Problems Looking for the Right Surgeon?

+1

Placing any variation of chin implant is not a particularly challenging surgery, so you should be able to find someone to do that for you.  The implants can be placed through the mouth or through an external submental incision.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Extended Chin Implant

+1

I most often use the extended anatomical chin implant. There are many sizes and shapes which all can be customized to meet the needs of each individual patient.  

Where Can I Find A Plastic Surgeon To Do An Extended Chin Implant?

+1

I am surprised you can't find a Board Certified plastic surgeon willing to do an extended chin implant.  Your face is very long, and the distance from your lower lip to your chin can be shortened optically by the placement of an extended chin implant.  This will also correct your mildly retrusive chin. 

Extended chin implants are perhaps the most common chin implants used today.  If you were my patient, I would also recommend cheek implants to decrease the overly long, thin appearance of your face and give it some lateral dimension. 

I recommend you get consultations from multiple Board Certified plastic surgeons in your community.  From your pictures, I think you are the classic example of someone who would do very well with an extended chin implant.

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Problems Looking for the Right Surgeon?

+1

I would agree with my colleagues that you should seek additional consultations. For men, the extended anatomical chin implants work very well. As a matter of fact, we placed one today in the office. There is bound to be someone in your community who will have a larger repertoire of implant choices. RealSelf is typically a great resource to find local plastic surgeons that are up to date on implant choices. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Weber Facial Plastic Surgery

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant

+1

Chin implants come in a variety of sizes and shapes. They're best inserted through a submental approach usually under local anesthesia as an outpatient procedure. Extended anatomical chin implant  is usually in excellent choice, however we steer clear of the square ones because  don't look natural.

Chin Implants

+1
Extended anatomical are the most commonly used.Depending on your bony structure the fitting might not be 100%, and that is why many people complain about the edges of the implant. Appropriate choice of implants is critical.

Get more opinions

+1

See more surgeons. You likely will find someone who has experience with your type of features and requests. I, myself, do mostly extended anatomical chin implants and have , on occasion used strong projecting implants that give a Kirk Douglas-like chin. I would be rare for me to use the simple, old fashioned, central chin implant, although it is the easiest to insert.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin Implants

+1

The extended anatomic chin implant is a popular implant in my practice, however, implant selection depends on the patient's individual anatomy and goals.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD