If the suture breaks from a benelli/donut lift and the areaola spread, can the problem be corrected?

If the suture breaks from a benelli/donut lift and the areaola spread, can the problem be corrected? If a person is getting a large implant 600cc doesn't that automatically lift the breast by what 1inch or 2cm? If the a person has a implant with the donut lift will that avoid flattening? Does a person with grade III ptosis really need a lift if the get big enough implants 800cc? Lastly, are there any problems from a donut lift that cannot be fixed?

Benelli lift

+2

You should refer to the question I just answered before yours.  If you have a Benelli lift and the areolae stretch out, it probably can be corrected by going with smaller implants and a lift either with a lollipop scar or a full mastopexy with anchor scars.  It depends on the individual situation, but using implants in the 600 cc range is just too big and will inevitably result in further stretching and thinning of the skin and breast tissue.

Circumareola breast lift

+2

You described two problems, small breasts which requires implants and grade III which requires a lift.  With implants, the additional weight causes breasts to descend and creates more ptosis.  Implants by themselves DO NOT lift breasts.  What you will need is a circumareola approach with skin excision, elevation to the underlying breast tissue and implants placed under the muscle.  All 3 must be aligned in the same horizontal plane to give it maximum anterior projection.  The goal of breast surgery is to make a more beautiful breast.  If the suture closing the areola breaks, it can be repairs.

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and implants

+2

If the benelli lift suture breaks, the areola may spread and this can be revised.  An implant behind a benelli lift helps minimize flattening. Implants do not provide a lift to the breast.

Breast Lifts and Implants

+2

Your questions are leading me to think that you have sagging breasts and you don't want a breast lift, except maybe a binelli/donut lift.  The biggest mistake you can make is to get oversized implants either alone or with a binelli lift if you have that degree (grade III) of ptosis.  If you only get very large implants, you will be bigger than you wanted and your nipples will still be too low.  If you get large implants and a benelli lift, you will be bigger than you wanted to be, your nipples will still be low, the shape and size of your areola will be irregular and large, you will have pleating of the skin around the areola like rays around the sun, and your scars will be thick.

There are plenty of doctors out there who will be happy to do this for you, probably pretty cheaply too.  You need to visit a few breast surgery specialists, those that also do major revisions and reductions.  These surgeons will tell you what is best for you, and (hopefully) not just sell you something that in the end will make you regretful.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Can implants provide a lift without a formal surgical lift?

+2

Implants do a good job of filling but not lifting, if all your breasts need is to have volume restored implants do an excellent job of this. If you breasts are saggy and need to be lifted implants alone will leave you disappointed. Going with larger and larger implants will not lift you any more than smaller implants, just fill the breast more and your nipple position will not change. I do not perform Benelli lifts, in my personal opinion, I believe a formal wise pattern incision will give you the best long term results without distorting the areola and surrounding breast. 

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lifting Concerns?

+2

There is a lot of misinformation out there regarding the ability of breast implants to "create" a breast lift;  unfortunately,  this is not necessarily the case (regardless of the size of breast implant used).  In other words, don't count on breast implants  to achieve a breasts lift effect.

In regards to your question regarding Benelli lift and sutures: if this suture were to break,  the “problem” can usually be corrected with additional suturing.

Generally,  breast implants (for example a moderate plus profile)  may be helpful in avoidance of nipple/areola “flattening” that may be seen with Benelli breast lifts.