Problems After Tummy Tuck/Hernia Surgery?

I had a tummy tuck and hernia surgery (no lipo) 11 days ago. I am worried because I am periodically feeling a popping around my naval and pain in that area (still swollen-no bulge that I can see) . I don't want to have to go through a surgery like this again and am worried that my sutures are popping out because after I got out of surgery, my abs were so tight. Maybe I am doing too much walking around and/or I was pulled in too tightly? Could all/most of my sutures be popping out? Thanks!

Problems after tummy tuck surgery

+2

If there is no discernable bulge, it is unlikely that you have ruptured any sutures...it would be best to have your surgeon evaluate you to check for this...any popping sensations may be related to tension on quilting sutures placed between the fascia to close the space under your skin if your surgeon did that as part of your procedure...it is hard to evaluate without a operative report or examination...generally walking alone would not cause a problem.

Maui Plastic Surgeon