Scoliosis and concern with profile after liposelection and mini-tummy tuck

I had my my mini TT and Liposelection on 3/4.Because I am not symetrical,(I have a scoliosis curve of 59 degrees) I have some concerns about my profile. I have very hard areas where I received the lipo. Will this eventually end or should I be doing something to prevent this?

Final Result After Liposuction Will Take Several Months

+1

Having scoliosis will lessen your chance of obtaining better symmetry. It is never possible to obtain perfect symmetry.

The hardness you are describing is very common for the first 1-3 months after liposuction. In some patients, it may take 6 months for the final result. Be patient!

Santa Ana Plastic Surgeon

Scoliosis and body contouring.

+1

Scoliosis can make many procedures more difficult including breast surgery and abdominal contouring. As excess tissue and fat is removed from a tummy tuck/liposuction, the skeletal deformity is usually more obvious. There is little that body contouring can do to prevent this. As for firm areas where liposuction was performed, this is normal. Follow your postoperative compression instructions and give it time. In some cases it can take up to 3 months for this to settle.

Web reference: http://www.drbogue.com

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Tissues may remain firm for up to a year after tummy tuck and liposuction

+1

Healing after surgery takes a while.  At several weeks postop, you should expect that your tissues still feel firm, particularly in the areas that were liposuctioned.  As healing goes on, these areas will soften up, but may still have swelling that increases and decreases over the course of a day, usually being worse at night when you have been up all day, and better after sleeping all night.  This type of firmness and variable swelling can take up to a year to resolve.

Web reference: http://www.artfulsurgery.com/non-surgical/laser.php

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry and firmness after liposuction

+1

Your scoliosis means that your hips and waist will never be symmetric, no matter what type of body contouring surgery is done. 

Liposuction often leaves firm areas during the healing phase.  Massage can help this scar tissue to resolve more quickly.  Talk to your surgeon about her recommendations regarding massage and compression garments.  If hard areas don't soften within 9-12 months, it's possible that you have some fat necrosis (dead ball of fat)--but you won't  know this until the healing is done. 

Recovery from Liposuction

+1

If you post pictures, it would be more helpful for other patients and allow us to give you more specific advice.  However, it is not uncommon to have swollen or hard areas immediately after liposuction.  When the fat is removed, it is replaced by swelling.  It is important that you follow your surgeon's post procedure instructions and wear the liposuction garment to help limit the swelling.  Massage of the hard areas may also help.  While most of swelling goes away after the first month, it can take several months to see the final result.  Also, if you have significant anatomical asymmetry before lipo, you will continue to have asymmetry after lipo.  Liposuction removes fat, it does not realign the body.

Good Luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

Firmness following Liposuction

+1

Firmness following Liposuction is very common. It usually takes a month or two to resolve. I usually advise my patients to massage the areas, but suggest that you contact your surgeon and ask for specific instructions about your particular problem.

Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction

+1

From the two photos attached to this question, it is difficult to evaluate the problem.  I can only see two oblique views, one preop and one post op. 

If you just had the operation, the hardness that you feel does soften over time.  Good message with moisturizers and time will help a lot.  If the liposuction has been done too aggressively without leaving a good sufficient amount of fat under the skin, then the hardness will persist.

Hope that helps

Plantation Plastic Surgeon