Any Problem to Remove Cartilage and Foreign Material?

I'm an asian. A few weeks ago, I had a Rhinoplasty but I would like to revise it.  Materials are: gortext-between eyebrows,ePTFE-coated silicone implane-dorsal, nose cartilage- extenstion nose,ear cartilage-nose tip, IHCC-nasal base. My Dr. said my cartilage is too soft, that's why he used IHCC. My cartilage was cut out in order to extend my nose. Any problems if removed? such as nose tip draw back or collapse a little bit compare w/original.my nasal bone's been narrowed.

Revision

+2

Be patient. You are describing a complicated rhinoplasty procedure. You are not at all seeing the full result from this procedure yet at this time. Do not think about revision but be excited about the changes to come.

West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty revision must wait.

+2

The only reason to operate on a rhinoplasty before one year is if there is an infection which mandates removing the material. 

Even though you are unhappy right now with your nose it is important to wait.  Operating too soon is very difficult and obtaining a reliable and acceptable outcome is much harder.

Richard H. Fryer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

6months before revision Rhinoplasty is possible

+2

It would be a minimum of 6 months before you could have a revision Rhinoplasty to remove the nasal implants or whatever else (cartilage) you wan removed. Removing cartilage and gore tex grafts would lead to decreased size and support and would most likely require something in their place. Silastic or cartilage grafts in some size and form. Be sure that you allow the proper amount of healing time (6 months at least) before having another Rhinoplasty.

Do yourself a favor and wait 6-12 months after rhinoplasty before even considering a revision.

+2

Do yourself a favor and wait 6-12 months after rhinoplasty before even considering a revision. It takes that long for swelling to subside completely. Further, it takes you months or even longer to adjust to the change in your nasal appearance. The one exception to earlier surgery would be if you had evidence of an infected implant but this does not seem to be the case. Give yourself time to heal and adjust to your new appearance. Time and healing are all that is needed in the vast majority of rhinoplasty cases.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal implants: how to manage your expectations?

+2

What you are experiencing is a normal post rhinoplasty anxiety. Be patience, two weeks is too short of a time to discuss revision of any kind. Long-term results can take up to a year or more to be appreciated.  This is the hardest part for the patients, because it takes patience.  Give it time and follow up closely with your surgeon.  Good luck and good healing. Dr. Kevin Sadati

Kevin Sadati, DO

Rhinoplasty revision with implant

+2

It is WAY TOO SOON for you to be discussing any further procedures.   You had surgery 2 weeks ago!   It will take at least 6 months before you can see a close approximation as to what the final results will be.  Please wait and voice your concerns with your surgeon.

Ernesto Hayn, MD

Implants in Asian rhinoplasty- 3 weeks postop

+2

My advice to rhinoplasty patients of all races is to wait. Unless there is an emergency waranting special treatment- like an infected graft, I do not take a patient back to the OR before 6 months. Tincture of time is necessary- it takes at least a year to heal. Please be patient.

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision

+1

Aisian rhinoplasty is usually an addition procedure not a subtraction procedure. It takes a long time for you to see the results. Let it heal before doing anything else.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD