Endoscopic Brow Lift Using Bone Cement, and U/L Bleph, With Fraxel Laser Complications? (photo)

Day 53 post op: 1 - My recovery from the laser was absolutely HORRENDOUS. My pics below say it all - My face today after 53 DAYS is still as red as a tomato and peeling. I was told it would be a like a "mild sunburn" for 2 weeks. Doc said: sometimes the face absorbs more of the laser? 2- In comparing my before and and after my forehead/eyebrow position literally did not move? It's like I never had it done. How could this be? This has been the worst experience of my life.

Fraxel laser complications

+1

I do agree with Dr. Blinski that it is rare to see this kind of depth of treatment with a fractional laser.  It looks more like a deep resurfacing procedure such as that seen with erbium and non fractional CO2.  I am sorry about your experience and understand how you are feeling.  But your eyelids and your brow positions appear improved compared to pre-op.  Your redness is improving and will continue to improve with more time.so as hard as it may be, please try to maintain a positive attitude and things will likely get better.

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Your facial redness after laser resurfacing will continue to improve.

+1

I read your concerns and reviewed your photos:

I'm sorry you had such a dramatic post-op experience. I'm pleased to see that prolonged erythema (redness) is the only issue you're having after your laser resurfacing. You'll have to be patient and strictly out of the sun, and your facial redness should slowly improve and return to baseline over the next 6-9 months. I saw several cases of prolonged redness after laser resurfacing during my fellowship training, and this tends to be self-limited. You may wish to consult a cosmetic dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon familiar with laser resurfacing for a fresh second opinion. This may be reassuring for you.

Insofar as your brow lift is concerned, it's difficult to judge your result based on your photos. You're red in your 53-day post-op photo, but you appear younger as compared to pre-op.

All the best to you, and continued good luck during your healing.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Endoscopic Brow Lift Using Bone Cement, and U/L Bleph, With Fraxel Laser Complications?

+1

First sorry for your very poor experiences. Was your surgeon boarded? After reviewing the series of posted photos I do see an improvement in the position of your eyebrows and a more open look to your eyelids. But if you are not satisfied than no matter what any of us say you will still be unhappy. As for the FRAXEL, Are you sure it was a Fraxel? Because the peel effect appears as a deep Erbium or CO-2. In my opinion based upon your photos posted the laser peel? was very deep. Therefore the post peeling healing and erythema will last unto 6 months at a minimum. Use soothing/steriodal creams or aquafor. Also you might have been a better candidate to have separated these procedures. I hope you heal to your liking. Best