Juvederm Has Left Small Bumps on Upper Lip, Options for Dissolving Just the Bumps?

I got juvedurm plus injected in my lips a couple months ago and the effect of the juvedurm seemed to be wearing off so I went in a week ago to get my lips refilled... I like the size of my lips right now but a "whitish" bump seems to have surfaced on my top lip making my lips look unporportional. Can the injections that dissolve the juvederm actually disolve a small portion of your lips?like just that bump?

Most likely this will dissolve on it's own

+1

Particularly in the lips, white or bluish bumps of the filler can form right where it was injected. These are almost like tiny pockets of the filler itself. Given a week or two, the bumps should go down and dissipate on their own as the filler is absorbed. However, if they don't, or if you don't want to wait, you can see your injector for a tiny bit of hyaluronidase in that spot. It should resolve it right away.

+1

The white bumps are Juvederm that is too superficial.  You can go back to the MD that did the lip augmentation with Juvederm for hyaluronidase injections however, this may dissolve more than just the bumps.  It's also possible to express the Juvederm, in these bumps, through a small nick using a small needle. 

Bump post juvederm

+1

Visible bumps that appear after being injected with Juvederm are usually bluish in color.  You may have a milia or small cyst if the lesion appears white.  You should follow- up with your physician.

Christina Steil, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

Bump on the lip following Juvederm

+1

Juvederm does not usually cause a white bump so make sure it is not another issue. Having said that, hyaluronidase can dissolve a small Juvederm bump.

Peter T. Truong, MD
Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon