16 Days Post Rhino, Nose Seems Higher On One Side And Have Nostril Asymmetry?

I had rhinoplasty 16 days ago, now the tip of my nose is seem to be rise up in the left side more than right side, and the nostrils seem asymmetry where it's tend to the left. my nose and the area around my nose are different between the tow sides....is these normal...?? is these because of the swelling or may i have problem..? i'm worry about that and i'll be happy to get answer from you.. thank you.

Asymmetric swelling of the nose after rhinoplasty

+1

It is not uncommon to have some degree of swelling to the tip of the nose for the first 12 months after surgery.  Swelling is not always symmetric.   Some individuals are more prone the this condition including those with thicker nasal skin.  Gentle massage may be of some benefit.

Nasal asymmetry may be ok

+1

At just over two weeks from surgery, the asymmetries may be due to swelling, pressure from an external nasal splint,  and/or a structural change.  You should discuss this with your doctor.  It is not unusual to wait several months prior to any correction to allow for the natural swelling and healing after nasal surgery to abate.  These early asymmetries may self-correct.  Thanks.

John Zavell, MD, FACS
Toledo Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry of nose

+1

Asymmetry is the norm, but early post-op there may be some differential swelling and I would give it time to heal.

Asymmetrical Tip and Nostrilos 16 Days Post Rhinoplasty

+1

16 days after a rhinoplasty temporary asymmetrical swelling is normal. Be patieent and watch your nose change as swelling resolves.