Problems That Will Be Faced After Ear Cartilage Graft Rhinoplasty??

i'm going for a Ear cartilage graft rhinoplasty this dec and i would like to know what risk is involved in this surgery? Will my flaring nostril really be able to improve? Will it become upturned after a while?

Ear cartilage graft for rhinoplasty

+1

It is important to note that ear cartilage grafts are only obtained after the nose has been depleted of cartilage. Nose cartilage is always best for grafting purposes when it comes to nasal reconstruction. Ear cartilage is called elastic cartilage and nose cartilage is called hyalin cartilage. The two cartilages have different properties. Ear cartilage tends to be more stiff and firm and has to be used cautiously in the nose.  

Problems after Ear Cartilage Graft Rhinoplasty

+1

Ear cartilage grafts are frequently used in rhinoplasty surgery  - complications are rare, but it will depend on what is being done to improve your nose. If you're not confident in your surgeon, get a second opinion.  

Cartilage during rhinoplasty

+1

Ear cartilage is often used during rhinoplasty to help to straighten the dorsal septum or to add projection to your nasal tip.  Additional uses of this cartilage are tailored on a case per case basis.  When appropriately used, this cartilage should retain its intended properties over the long term.

Jason R. Hess, MD

Ear cartilage graft for nose

+1

I am not exactly sure by your question what the graft is for?  Is it for a composite graft for the flaring nostril you suggested?  If so, it may help.  In general for most grafts other than for this deformity, I would use septal cartilage.

Ear Cartilage Graft Rhinoplasty

+1

As Dr Mayer has stated there are so many factors that over the internet is a very difficult forum to discuss each in enough detail to satisfy the answering of yuour questions. I recommend additional evaluations from boarded surgeons in your area. 

Ear cartilage grafts.

+1

The answer depends on how good your surgeon is! The more he is experienced with this, the less problems he will have. Make sure he is experienced.