Problem Breathing Following a Revision Rhinoplasty. 10 Weeks Post Op?

I had a revision rhinoplasty 10 weeks ago, cartilage grafts weren't used but there was a lot of work done in the tip of the nose. The main reasons were fixing a saddle nose. Now 10 weeks after the surgery I have trouble breathing, airway isn't totally blocked but not enough is flowing through. I can see some scar formation. Does the scar size decrease with time? Any chance I still have internal swelling or is most of it gone? Thanks

Breathing issues following rhinoplasty

+1

After 10 weeks, you will still be experiencing swelling, which can affect your breathing. 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first 3 months, and the remainder goes down over time. An in-person exam would really be necessary to provide you with the best advice. I would recommend speaking with your surgeon, as they know the extent of your procedure and exactly what was performed.  I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck with the remainder of your recovery.

Breathing issue after rhinoplasty

+1

At ten weeks after rhinoplasty you may still be swollen quite a bit, and this can impact the airway.

Breathing difficulties following revision rhinoplasty

+1

It is important to always address the functioning aspects of the nose as well as the cosmetic aspects. A patient may not have difficulty breathing prior to a rhinoplasty or revision rhinoplasty procedure however when the nose is thinned or refined if the functional aspects were not taken care of then this may lead to breathing difficulties after the surgery. You may just be experiencing some swelling in the tissues currently that is causing your problem it is impossible to say without an examination. The best way to have a proper answer is by seeing your treating surgeon for a direct examination and then he/she should be able to advise you with a good post surgical plan. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD