Deep Scar on my Cheek - What Laser or Treatment Would Help?

I can't hid it with makeup because it's a pitted scar as you can see in the picture. What do you experts recommend? What laser or treatment would be helpful? Thank You.

Scar treatment with laser or fat grafting

+2

The best lasting treatment in my opinion would be a deep Profractiunal Erbium beam treatment with a lighter treatment to the rest of your face to get deep collagen remodeling and even the contour.  Fillers can surely help but are temporary.  Permanent fillers are a bad idea in my opinion.  fat is a great option but is a little more involved.  I would recommend either erbium laser or fat grafting.

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Scar revision

+1

It looks like a chickenpox scar. What makes it noticeable appears to be the pale white lack of skin color and the topography whereby the pit creates a shadow. The scar itself appears to large for a punch incision. Cutting it out may be a case of the cure being worse than the disease. That leaves you with fillers (restylane, fat etc.) to correct the contour/raise the pit and make up to camouflage the pale white skin color.

Aaron Stone, MD

+1

Regarding: "Deep Scar on my Cheek - What Laser or Treatment Would Help?  I can't hid it with makeup because it's a pitted scar as you can see in the picture. What do you experts recommend? What laser or treatment would be helpful? Thank You."

Short of surgically revising the scar, the best treatment would be to "un-pit" the scar, by releasing the scar bands pulling it down (the medical term is Subcision) and place a filler such as Restylane, Juvederm or Fat in the depression to lift it and by making it level with the rest of the skin, less noticeable. A laser would be a total waste of time and money.

Dr. Peter Aldea