Problems 11 Days Post Revision Rhinoplasty to Remove Cyst From First Surgery?

Four years ago, I had a rhinoplasty to repair a broken nose which went disastrously. A cyst developed on the right side of my nose where the tip meets the face among other problems. To repair this mess, I underwent a revision rhinoplasty 11 days ago. The surgeon explained he removed the cyst and told me the surgery went well. I just took off the nasal tape, and it just looks awful. The bump on the right side is still there. Is this swelling because more work was done on this side of the tip?

11 Days after Rhinoplasty Revision

+1

11 days after rhinoplasty revision is too early to make any decisions about outcome.  If a true cyst was removed, there may be fluid collecting in the area accounting for the residual bump.

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Sorry to hear about the issue you experienced following your initial rhinoplasty. 11 days is very soon after your procedure, and you will still be significantly swollen. The final result will not be evident for some time, and it is important to be patient during the healing process. I would recommend speaking with your surgeon regarding any immediate post-operative concerns, as they know the extent of your procedure and exactly what was performed. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck with the remainder of your recovery. 

Web reference: http://www.spaldingplasticsurgery.com/face/revision-rhinoplasty/

Problems 11 Days Post Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

I understand and can sympathize that you would be a bit nervous immediately after this Revision Rhinoplasty based on the previous events.  This is a different situation and Rhinoplasty Surgeon, so allow yourself adequate time to heal after the Revision Rhinoplasty.  

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com/Rhinoplasty.html