Problem with (10yr Old) Saline Implant Moving & Causing Pain...please Help

I have always been large chested but lacked the fullness I desired after 2 children & years of weight gain/loss. Approx 10 yrs ago I had under the muscle saline breast aug. w/o lift. However, in the past few years (specifically after a mammogram) I noticed my right side will move around and when this happens it is quite painful. It does not seem to be deflating. But moves from up&down to sideways position. Should I be concerned? Should I have them removed & replaced? Will insurance cover this?

Breast Implant Removal - Problem with (10yr Old) Saline Implant Moving & Causing Pain...please Help

+2

It's hard to tell from your description exactly what's happening but you could, in fact, have a capsular contracture, which is scar tissue around the implant.  This is more likely to be the diagnosis if it's firm, painful, spherical and/or distorted in shape.

If it is a capsular contracture you would most likely need another surgical procedure in order to address it.  You should, therefore, get in touch with your plastic surgeon to discuss this.  If your surgeon is not available or you want for any reason to see another one, you should consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon near you.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Web reference: http://www.bodysculpture.com

Breast implant

+2

You sound to have a major problem with breast implant. May be capsular contracture, displaced implant.

Will require revisional surgery, which is very hard and need an expert. Cosult your plastic surgeon.

This requires good assesment and proper diagnosis and a sound surgical plan to correct.

Breast Implant Problem?

+1

In person consultation with a well experienced board certified plastic surgeon is in your best interests.

Based on your description, you may be dealing with an implant malposition problem and/or capsular contracture.

Revisionary breast surgery may be necessary.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastrevision.htm