Prior platysmaplasty w/ lipo & redraping due to 30 lb weight loss. Getting revision 2.5 years later. What's a good approach?

I had my first neck lift in my 20's. Scars behind ears and one small one under the chin. I noticed shortly postop as I turned my head to the right, there was a loose band and some vertical lines directly underneath the chin. MD recommended revision involving undermining and pulling platysma laterally? I have gained a lil weight since,can he still go under the fat and do a corset platysmaplasty (which is what i want)? I don't think he'll be up for lipo, since i'm only being charged $1000 ...

+1

An exam would be necessary to make specific recommendations as to which procedures would benefit you the most.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of facelifts, necklifts facelift revisions, and facial procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Revision Neck Lift

+1

Your questions are very good and valid ones. Unfortunately, it is difficult to provide you with appropriate advice without at least a photograph. A corset platysmaplasty will provide you with the tightest platysma muscle. Whether it is right for you can only be determined after a thorough examination.

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

A corset platysmaplaty can still be performed

+1

HI Bella924. It is very hard to give an opinion without seeing pictures, but I think your doctor can probably perform the planned surgery despite your weight gain. If you can lose the weight before the procedure, it may help ensure a better result. Good luck!

Lewis Ladocsi, MD, FACS
Richmond Plastic Surgeon