Is a chemical peel the best to treat my under eye wrinkles? (photos)

I posted pics before and was told the lines aren't bad (here is a link to my previous question). So I'm posting a couple more to show how loose the skin is under my eye. (From tugging, applying eyeliner when I was younger). Would i b best going with a chemical peel? I absolutely need very minimal downtime. I'd also love to find a great dr in southern miami beach.

Lines And Mild Skin Laxity Under The Eyes Respond Well To Fillers & Superficial Peels

+1
Treating lines and laxity under the eyes requires tailoring the treatment not only to the specific problems of the individual but their lifestyle. If little or no downtime is of paramount importance, as is obviously the case here, it would seem that the line could be easily improved via a superficial injection of a small amount of Belotero Balance, a hyaluronic acid filler with little chance of engendering the unwanted bluish discoloration, known as the Tyndall Effect, that can follow too superficial an injection of other hyaluronic acid fillers or when they are instilled into within the very thin skin under the eyes. 

Likewise, to address the mild laxity issue, rather than employing deeper peeling agents or jumping to expensive laser treatments, a series of superficial peels (performed between six and eight times at two to three week intervals) would likely freshen and buttress this area. My personal choice would be glycolic acid 70%, which if applied in the office the evening before would permit return to work the following day. Home use of tretinoin and alphahydroxy acid products would make excellent ongoing maintenance therapy, especially in a young person.

Chemical Peel vs Laser for Lower Eyelids

+1

Chemical Peels work but can give variable results and be technician dependent. Be careful that it is not a peel that would risk bleaching the pigment in your skin.

We usually use laser, specifically an Erbium YAG laser with fractional technology.  The technology is safe, effective, tunable and predictable.

To be sure what might work best for you, see two or more board certified and experienced plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Light TCA peel is Okay

+1
A very light TSC peel from time to time may help you feel better about your eyelids.  In addition  a mild Retin A program for your eyelids is a good choice.   Your lines are not bad but these treatments are mild.  My Best, Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Undereye Treatments

+1
You have very little wrinkling, but if you'd like to treatments to prevent future aging I would suggest Fraxel, Clear and Brilliant laser or Laser Gensis treamtents.  Treatment with a retinol/vitamin A or anti-aging serum such as TNS (skin medica) will help keep the skin hydarated and young-appearing.  Pretreatment with hydroquinone before laser treatment may help prevent any pigmentation in the area.  There are many options, you just need to see a cosmetic dermatologist or plastic surgeon with experience.  Peels can be useful but are rarely helpful at low depths and there would be significant downtime (5-7 days) with TCA peels, but they do give great results when done properly.  I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer.

San Francisco Dermatologic Surgeon

Correction of Minimal Under-Eye Wrinkles

+1
Minimal wrinkling under the eyes is best treated with something that stimulates the collagen in the dermis (the suppport layer of the skin). A peel or laser can do this. However, the best results are obtained when the skin is prepped with Retin-A first. Also, you need to prep the skin with something to keep the pigment from reacting to the peel or Laser. I have had the most success with the Obagi New Derm system to control the pigment and stimulate collagen and tightening. In many cases, we never resort to the peel or Laser, both of which have a week to 10 day down time.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Best treatment for under eye wrinkles

+1
In my office, the best non-surgical option for treating wrinkles under the eye as well as sagging skin has been micro-needling combined with human growth factor serums. We have been getting excellent results using the Rejuva Skin Care system which combines motorized micro-needling with RejuvaCells concentrated human growth factor serum. Our patients also use their growth factor serum at home after the office treatment.
You can follow the video link above to learn more about micro-needling and human growth factor serums.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon