Primary Rhinoseptoplasty + Multiple Procedures - Do Together or Separate?

Male, 53. Procedure: Primary rhinoseptoplasty + possible multiple procedures (neck lift; submental lipo; upper/lower bleph; fat grafting). In addition to nose work, I wanted a square chin using a silastic implant, however, the doc instead suggested neck lift & fat grafts to give it desired width; advised against buccal lipo, saying I didn't need it & that the lift would also fix the pre-jowl sulcus. I wonder if it will look as good.

+1

I cannot speak to the advisability of the individual procedures since you haven't posted any photos. However, I can comment that those procedures can typically be performed in patients who are otherwise healthy and have no contraindication to elective surgery. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Weber Facial Plastic Surgery

Web reference: http://weberfacialplasticsurgery.com/facelift-necklift/

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Multiple cometic procedures.

+1

You can have multiple procedures done at one time. This saves time and money and I have done this for more than 35 years without problem. I do believe that a pre-jowl implant gives far better results than trying to improve the sulcus with lifting.

Septorhinoplasty, neck left upper lower lids and chin work together

+1

It is certainly acceptable to perform all these procedures at the same time under one anesthesia. We have done this combination in the past, so that the patients can have one  anesthesia and postoperative recovery period.  Please see the link below for patients  on our photo gallery who we have performed  the exact same surgery combination on, to see the anticipated results.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com/photogallery/neckliftandlipo_photos12.html

Can be performed together or separately

+1

It is difficult to give you a recommendation without pictures. I would have to say that you could do all of the procedures at the same time but it would probably require at least 5-6 hours in the operating room depending on the extent of each portion of the case. You could go ahead with the primary septorhinoplasty to see how that would affect the appearance of your overall face before proceeding with the other suggested procedures. This depends on your comfort level with the physician's recommendations. I would also suggest obtaining another opinion to compare recommendations. 

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.