Prices of multiple reconstruction procedures? I think I might need more than one done. But I dont know for sure. (photo)

Okay so my septum is crooked, and I believe the bone is too but from what Ive heard those are two completely seperate procedures, but maybe Im wrong. On top of that, I also want some aesthetic work done to my nose, as it is rather larger and round...So would the breaking of the bone be included with that procedure or would they need to be done at seperate times, and how much would that all cost (estimate) combined? I guess Im just confused as to what all would need to be done with my situation.

Multiple Reconstructive Procedures of Nose

+1

Let me simplify my response. In the past 35 years I have never done two separate procedures to straighten a deviated septum, correct asymmetry of other nasal structures, and make cosmetic changes.

Prices of multiple reconstruction procedures? I think I might need more than one done. But I dont know for sure.

+1

All of these things you mention can be undertaken at the same time with one surgery.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Septorhinoplasty To Treat All Nasal Problems

+1

What you need is a septorhinoplasty, a combined nose procedure that improves breathing on the inside and changes its shape on the outside. This is a common nasal procedure that is all done during the same outpatient operation.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Cosmetic versus Reconstruction Rhinoplasty

+1

A septoplasty is done to correct a crooked septum which is blocking airflow in the nose. If the external nose is also markedly crooked and must be straightened in order to improve the airway, then the procedure is known as a septorhinoplasty. The septorhinoplasty straightens the crooked bone and bony part of the septum. A cosmetic rhinoplasty is done to improve the external appearance of the nose and almost always includes cutting the bones and reducing the bony part as well as the cartilaginous part of the nose. If you wish the nose corrected cosmetically and have a crooked septum that is causing no symptoms, then the septum is simply ignored. If you're having breathing problems as well as a cosmetic deformity in the 2 procedures are simply combined. If you have insurance that will pay for the internal reconstruction it is billed separately than the cosmetic portion, for which you are responsible.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon