Typical Costs of Liposuction for 5"4, 115lbs?

I'm 5'4'', weighing around 115-120 and I have lower abdomen fat I cannot for the life of me get rid of. I was suggested lipo. But would someone be able to place an idea of a price range I'm looking to spend? I supplied a picture below. Also, will there be any sagging with skin after procedure?

Liposuction - Costs/Likelihood of Skin Sagging Afterward

+2

Hi munster1227,

Cost vary tremendously from region to region (of the country), and even within a given region of the country from surgeon to surgeon.  Some of these costs depend on where the surgeon operates (working in a hospital or ambulatory surgery facility often costs more than when the surgeon operates in his or her own office, or has greater control over the costs of the facility).  Finally, though, some surgeons just charge more than others.  There are, of course, many different explanations for the varying costs, just are there are in any other business situation. 

I would say that in New York a procedure such as yours under local anesthesia with intravenous sedation would cost in the range of $5000-6000.  Often, though, when a patient requests lipo on one part of his or her body, there are additional regions that would benefit from surgery at the same time.  In that case the costs would be higher.

The skin generally has a remarkably good ability to contract after lipo.  Of course there's a limit as to how much it will contract.  If anything, though, there might be some irregularities or even some dimpling afterward, rather than sagging (which is less common).

You should, of course, discuss this with a surgeon who can see and examine you in person, and who will be able to give you a more individualized assessment of your surgeon, and the likelihood of your being happy with the procedure.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Web reference: http://www.bodysculpture.com

Liposuction

+2

The cost varies significantly with geographical area and the type of doctor performing the surgery. Check out your doctors credentials thoroughly and I recommend staying with board certified plastic surgeons who can also perform a tummy tuck if needed. Cost in Nashville area would be about $4000 done at a surgery center under a general anesthetic. It can be done in the office for a lesser cost. Be careful about who does your procedure in the office. Make sure they have privileges at a hospital to perform the same.

Liposuction of the abdomen typically run around $4500-5500 on special.

+2

You appear to be a good candidate for liposuction of the upper and lower abdomen.  It runs between 4500-5500 under tumescent technique local anesthesis with the micro canulas when on special.  Off special, it is alittle higher (about 30% higher)  but it gives such great results with you back to work in 2 days and easy to go through it.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD 

Web reference: http://www.TheBestLipoDoc.com/drdavidhansen/landing/

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Tumescent liposuction for abdominal fat and skin retraction

+1

Tumescent liposuction can reduce the tummy fat of the upper and lower abdomen under local anesthetic. Healing occurs as the fatty compartments flatten around the new fatty tunnels.  Collagen forms in the dermis and subcutaneous compartments as a result of the surgery and the skin gets bound down closer to the underlying tissues as they flatten, especially in young people with good skin tone and without a lot of preoperative skin laxity / stretch marks and cellulite. So even though the skin doesn't tighten, it can retract and abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) is not necessarily needed.

The fee for such a procedure varies, often, with the geographical location, the number of body sites involved, or the amount of fat expected to be removed, and whether it is done in an office based surgical facility or a hospital or ambulatory surgical center. In New York, office based liposuction practices are accredited, such as ours, by the Joint Commission (or the AAAASF or AAAHC), the same agency that accredits hospitals.  $4,000 to $5,000 is commonly charged for one body site.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/liposuction/index.html

Cost for lipo

+1

The cost here in ft.Myers would be about 3-3500.Lipo ionly removes fat and doesn't tighten skin.So yes there will be a little additional skin to deal with.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

+1

Thanks for the posted photo. I recommend based only on the posted photo Smart Lipo Triplex + lipo at my fee is $3800. Best of luck. Hope this helps.