Price for Masseter Botox Injections in the Bay Area (California, San Francisco and Surrounding Area)?

I am looking into this procedure and am wondering the costs as well as the units I will need (a range) and the number of procedures I will need. Also, how can you know whether you are a good candidate for this procedure? And that it will help slim a more "square" face? Also, are there any side effects to getting this procedure done?

Botox and masseter reduction

+1

Consulting with a well-trained and reputable provider should give you plenty of insight and options for treatment, based on a thorough collaboration.

Botox for masseter muscles

+1

The usual dose for masseter muscles in order to eliminate the boxiness to this muscle usually runs 20-30 units per side.  It is better to err on the lighter side and do additional in a week or 2 if there is need for more.  The math is then pretty simple if you know what is being charged for each unit of Botox.  The usual rates in the Bay Area range from $10 - $15 per unit.  The rates seem to be the highest in SF and Marin.

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox for masseter muscles

+1

You would really need to be evaluated in person to see if you are a candidate for Botox treatment to the masseter muscles.  When Botox is used on the masseter muscles, the dose varies from person to person.  I would say the approximate range would be 20-50 units per side.  The main side effects that are possible would be bruising or swelling, but both of these would be relatively short lasting if they occurred.  Normally, the effects from Botox last about three to six months but can be longer.  The treatment would need to be repeated to maintain the effect.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon