Price for Breast Aug, Flank and Abdominal Lipo?

I had a consult with a PS and he quoted $14,500 for abdominal and flank lipo and breast aug. He stated I should really get a aug/lift and tummy tuck in addition...and additional cost...I've looked around and $14,500 seems high for these procedures...How much does a "mommy makeover" which includes all of the above run? I wasnt very happy with the PS's demeanor, so I think I'll consult elsewhere. BTW, I'm in Baltimore...Thanks!

Tummy Tuck and Breast Lift are often part of the Mommy MakeOver.....

+1

Sounds like the best thing for you would be to obtain another consultation.  You need to have confidence in your surgeon.  His recommendations may be 100% accurate but not what you were expecting.  Often patients desire liposuction over tummy tucks or breast implants instead of breast lifts because they want the procedure with the least amount of scaring. This is perfectly reasonable.  Nobody likes scars.  But, if your breasts are drooping, then just getting implants will leave them looking deformed.  Likewise, having just liposuction, when your skin is loose and you really need a tummy tuck will likely leave your abdomen looking deformed.  The scars are usually minimal and well hidden and if you need them, they are well worth the trade.  After a tummy tuck, you can have a beautiful flat abdomen, with a scar that is well hidden under your bikini. 
Good luck
Dr M

Mommy makeover

+1

The fees for surgery will vary around the country, but go with someone who has good results and treats his patients well. If you got bad vibes from the doctor during your consult, I would go somewhere else.

Cost for surgery

+1

I would hope that $14,500 would include the fees for surgeon, anesthesia, facility and implants.Gel implants themselves can run close to $2000. Prices may vary a bit from practice to practice. It common to get more than one consultation. Just make sure that you compare "apples to apples". Certainly if you are unhappy with the surgeon's demeanor before surgery you look further. Good luck.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Mommy make over

+1

Since the plastic surgeon suggested tummy tuck , I would recommend to you to do that procedure 1st and not the liposuction. In the hands of a competent plastic surgeon,   it is very likely that you will lose a significant amount of weight due to the muscle tightening. Liposuction , afterwards,  will be optional.Additinaly, concerning the breasts, the size of the implants might have to be changed due to the weight loss. The price of tummy tuck ranges according to the amount of neccessary  work - $7,000 - $12,000. Finally, get 2 or 3 consultation and check the surgeons before and after pictures.

Good luck,

Dr Widder

Shlomo Widder, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover Costs

+1

A mommy makeover can vary in cost significantly as there are several parts of the procedure that may or may not be needed.  Also, when you combine procedures discounts are typically given.  Having performed many mommy makeovers, each patient is unique in what is required to meet her aesthetic goals.  For example, sometimes the breasts only need implants and not a lift.  Other times, a mini tummy tuck is all that is needed.  These things decrease the cost of the overall procedure, so it's difficult to give you a cost without seeing you.  Since you're in Baltimore, my office is probably close to you and I'd be more than happy to see you in order to give you an exact price estimate.  Kind regards, Dr. Schreiber

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Fee for Mommy Makeover

+1
Fees vary by geographic location, what the market will bear, patient demand, and costs associated with doing business. IN terms of your specific procedure, for an augment/lift plus tummy tuck, the amount quoted is reasonable by NY standards. That is a lot of surgery, a hgh anesthesia/facility cost plus the cost of implants. I recommend that you do some homework. Always see board certified plastic surgeons in consultation. Break down the fees by area and then, if the amount is too high for you, ask yourself what area troubles you most and deal with it first. It will be an easier recuperation and you'll have better familiarity with the surgical process and your plastic surgeon before deciding on additional surgeries.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Price for Breast Aug, Flank and Abdominal Lipo

+1

Surgical fees will vary dramatically across the country, but you should consult with two or three surgeons prior in order to understand your options and to choose the best surgeon for you.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Costs of “Mommy Makeover”?

+1

Based on the description of your experience with your consultation, I would agree that it will be in your best interest to seek additional consultation. Ultimately the costs of surgery will depend on exactly which procedures are  performed as part of the “mommy makeover”.

It will be up to you to do your due diligence in the process of plastic surgeon selection. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices  concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask  to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

You will find,  while doing your due diligence,  that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you;  again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  

I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery;  keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways.