What is the Price Difference Between Memory Gel and Saline?

Is there a huge price difference when choosing Memory gel over a saline implant?

Silicone and saline implants

+1
"Memory Gel" is a brand name for cohesive silicone gel implants. Pricing really depends on the surgeon and city in which your surgeon is located. In Toronto, this can range from $7000 to $9500. Note that the cost of your implant is determined by type (saline or silicone) and brand (Mentor or Allergan) but size does not really affect the cost. Other factors that affect price include the anesthesia, surgical centre fees and your surgeon's fees.

What is the price difference between Memory Gel and saline?

+1
On average, silicone implants will be approximately double the price for the implants from saline.  Typically somewhere around $1000 for saline implants and $2000 for silicone implants.  Best wishes!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

+1

What is the Price Difference Between Memory Gel and Saline? This varies by surgeon and area but it tends to be a minimum of $1000 and more.

Implant fees

+1

Silicone gel implants usually cost about twice as much as saline implants.  Some facilities charge more.

The price difference between saline and silicone implants is significant

+1

Silicone implants are almost twice the price of saline implants. In my practice, a pair of saline implants is about $800, and silicone implants are about $1900 per pair. We don't mark our implants up significantly, but other surgeons do. Speak with your plastic surgeon about the benefits of each implant- for the right patient, there can be strong arguments made for the superiority of the saline implant, which is much cheaper.  My patients tend to prefer the silicone implants, despite the added expense.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Twice the price

+1

The silicone implants on average are between 800 to 1000 dollars a pair more than saline.  97% of my patients opt for silicone unless they are under 22, in which case they all get saline.

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Price difference between Gel and Saline Breast Implants

+1

Basically the Gel implants are about twice as much as the Saline implants.  However, this is for the implants themselves.  The surgeon's fee and hospital fees should be the same.  So you are looking at about $1000 more for Gel implants when all the fees are added together.  In my opinion, it is well worth the extra money for a more natural feeling implant.  Good luck with your surgery.

David Shafer, MD

COST VARIATION BETWEEN SALINE AND SILICONE IMPLANTS

+1

The cost can vary from $500 - $1000 difference.  Per implant, the silicone gel implants are about $500 more on average.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon