What is the Price of Breast Augmentation in New York?

Price of Breast Augmentation in New York

+1
Prices for cosmetic work follow supply and demand like any industry. Costs need to be met to warrant doing the surgery. However, areas such as South Florida with a large number of board certified plastic surgeons will have lower fees than areas with fewer surgeons or in a high priced area such as New York. .Ensure that you are choosing an experienced board certified plastic surgeon and that the practice will provide you the safety and individual attention that you deserve.

Cost

+1

When looking at different breast augmentation prices there are many factors as to why you see different prices. Most doctors that charge more would like you to think it is because they are better trained or give you a better result. This is not the case. typically there are many factors that contribute to what a doctors charges

1)does the doctor have their own surgery center pr have to use a hospital. If they have to use the hospital this can add several thousand dollars to the cost which is passed on to the patient. The doctors that have to use a hospital will try to tell you its safer but the reality is this has never been shown scientifically and all Board certified plastic surgeons are required to operate in certified surgery centers. So those with their own centers have facilities with the same set of standards as the hospital and at times are certified by the same agency. So most Surgeons with their own surgery center pass the discount on to their patient.

2)Time in the Operating room. The less experienced, indecisive a surgeon or the fewer cases a plastic surgeon does per year the longer they will take in the operating room to perform the procedure. Thus the more they are charged by the hospital or anesthesia staff. The more specialized the plastic surgeon is with breast augmentation the more efficient he is with the procedure so the less time it take and the less it will cost. Not to mention the more they do the less they pay for the same implants. Again most surgeons should pass this savings on to the patient.

3)Experience.. the more experienced sometimes the more the Doctor feels they can demand for their services. What you should look for, is to make sure they are a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. They should also be a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgery as well as a member of the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (which is the most prestigious cosmetic society a plastic surgeon who performs cosmetic breast augmentation can belong to).

4) Lastly sometimes geography comes into play when in certain regions of the country the cost for staffing and facility are much higher than in others.

I perform over 1000 breast augmentations per year. And I am a member of the above societies as well as a member of the lead surgeons. We have our own surgery center and charge what we feel to be an honest cost of only 3000$ for saline and 4000$ for silicone breast augmentation and this includes all cost..

William J. Hedden, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation pricing in NYC

+1

I agree that it is important to know the surgeon's credentials.  A board certified plastic surgeon is likely to have a higher price than another type of doctor who takes a weekend course on how to perform breast augmentation.  And, sadly, there are many such doctors out there.  Also important is where and which implants the physician is using.  I get calls frequently inquiring whether the patients can purchase their own implants at much lower prices than I pay to Mentor Corporation.  Grey  market implants are not covered under the Mentor program in the event of leakage or tear.  Additionally, the facility in which the procedure takes place plays a role in the pricing of the operation.   Outside Manhattan, the going rate ranges from $6000-8500 for augmentation and higher if a breast lift is performed in the same procedure. 

Robert L. Kraft, MD

BBA Fees

+1

The fees for a breast augmentation will vary based on your exact geographical location. I would suggest that you contact three reputable board certified plastic surgeons in your area for pricing comparison. Be sure to ask for a TOTAL cost (including surgeon's fee, anesthesia fees, implant fees and facility -operating room fees. ) Remember, cheaper (or more expensive) does not mean better. Make certain that you properly interview a few board certified plastic surgeons to determine which is the best fit for you. Best of luck!

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Varies in New York

+1

Hi, I agree with Dr. Wallach -- do not shop for a bargain when making a decision this important. The price of surgery is broken down into a surgeon's fee, operating fee, and anesthesia fee. With breast augmentation, there is also a fee for the implants, with silicone implants costing slightly more than saline implants. In most cases you should expect to pay between $7-9K for everything, depending upon your doctor and the facility he/she chooses to use. Many surgeons in New York offer financing through companies such as Care Credit to help spread out the cost of the surgeon's fee. Good luck!

Nina S. Naidu, MD, FACS

Price of breast augmentation in NY

+1

Most surgeons will charge between $5-8K for breast augmentation.  But I wouldn't focus so much on the cost.  You shouldn't bargain shop for quality work.  Look for a surgeon that you feel comfortable with,  who has good results and happy patients, and whose staff is courteous and helpful.

Breast Augmentation Cost in Columbus Ohio

+1

I encourage you to make sure your surgeon is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and that that person is someone you would trust after meeting with them at your consultation.

In Columbus, Ohio, our total costs for breast augmentation are currently $4500-5100 for saline implants and $5000-5900 for silicone implants. New York would most likely be slightly higher than that due to the differences in overhead costs and hospital charges.

Jason Brett Lichten, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon