Can a Previously Liposuctioned Area be Used for Donor Fat for a Brazilian Butt Lift?

I had liposuction in my flank area about 11 years ago and am now considering a Brazilian Butt Lift. The primary donor areas will be my flanks, upper and lower back and abdomen. Is the fat from the previously liposuctioned flank area compromised, or possibly not useable for this purpose?

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Augmentation- Using your own fat !!

+2

In Brazilian butt lift, otherwise known as, Buttock Augmentation in Los Angeles, patient's own fat is harvested from different body areas and after processing is grafted to the buttock muscle. This fat can be harvested from previously lipo-suctioned areas as long as there is enough fat left in these areas. The results of buttock fat grafting are amazing and this procedure is very safe.

Can Use Same Fat Donor Site more than once for BBL

+1

Reharvesting unwanted fat from the same area is possible and should not compromise the results of a Brazilian Butt Lift

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Brazilian Buttlift and Liposuction from Previously Liposuctioned Area

+1

Liposuction from a previously liposuctioned area can be performed if fat stores in that area are adequate.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Brazilian Buttlift Los Angeles, CA

Brazilian Butt Lift and Previous Liposuction

+1

Liposuction can be done again in the same area as before, however, there is more scar tissue in the area.  If you have enough fat remaining in this area, it is possible to liposuction this area again and use it to enlarge the buttocks.  The previous liposuction makes it more difficult, but it can be done.  Good Luck!

Stanley Castor, MD

Previous Liposuction and Brazilian Butt Lift...

+1

It is possible to harvest fat from a previously liposuctioned area, although it may be more difficult.  The fat cells in a previously liposuctioned area are still living so they are able to be transferred successfully.  Liposuction causes scarring in the subcutaneous layer so it's harder to get as much fat from that area but it should still work.  Depending on your weight and anatomy, you may or may not have enough fat to graft for a full transfer to the buttocks.  Only the plastic surgeon examining you can make that decision.  I would suggest harvesting from other areas also to obtain the best result.

Shain A. Cuber, MD
Edison Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian butt lift & Revision Liposuction

+1

Liposuction can be performed in a previous liposuction area as long as there is enough fat to be removed. If you have fat in the area, why not? I have a lot of experience doing revision liposuction from other people and have used it for Brazilian butt lift. You need to do you research well. Revision liposuction is a very difficult and time consuming process due to the scar tissue, therefore some Plastic Surgeons prefer not to due revision liposuction. The best way to know if you are a candidate is to consult a Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Stanley Okoro, MD

Previously liposuctioned areas CAN be used again as donor sites for the Brazilian Butt Lift.....

+1

Yes, without question, previously liposuctioned areas can be used for donor sites for the Brazilian Butt Lift.  There is no question however that it is often a more difficult procedure for the surgeon to do due to the presence of scar tissue.  It usually takes a little more time but it is very doable as long as you have enough fat remaining there to be removed and transferred to your buttocks.  Research your surgeon and this procedure well.

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

Brazilian butt lift and previous liposuction

+1

One of the most important criteria for a successful outcome in transfer of fat into the buttocks (Brazilian but lift) is harvest of healthy copious fat. Flanks are one the richest areas for this harvest. Unfortunately my experience has shown that previous liposuction can create difficulty in harvest of this fat. Previous liposuction, especially if ultrasound was used, can scar the fatty tissue and can prevent a healthy and robust harvest. So my recommendation is to be evaluated for this procedure with your previous medical records for determination of alternative sites for harvest. Good luck.

Sepehr Egrari, MD