I have previously had fat injections in my cheeks and now that I am in my early 50s my jowls and cheeks look puffy and bulbous.

I am told my only option is a lower Jowl lift but I'm not ready for such an invasive procedure. What are my options?

SmartLipo laser liposuction versus lower facelift are possible options for jowling.

+1
It is difficult to answer your question with photos.  However, generally speaking, both SmartLipo laser liposuction versus lower facelift are possible options for jowling. It would be best to consult a reputable surgeon that offers BOTH services.  Good luck!

Atlanta Dermatologic Surgeon

Treatment of cheeks after fat injections

+1

While plastic surgeons can turn back the hand of time, they can't stop the clock for moving forward. After fat injections, non-surgical options are available for patients who aren't ready for a face lift. Some plastic surgeons utilize devices such as Thermage or Ulthera to tighten skin without surgery. Results develop gradually and usually require multiple treatments for desired effect. Other options to consider are office injections with fillers, such as Restylane, Juvederm, Sculptra, etc. However, keep in mind that cosmetic surgery with a cheek lift or face lift may still be the best option for you. Only after a comprehensive evaluation can a plastic surgeon help determine appropriate options for you.

Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial Cosmetic Surgery Options

+1

Hello, it is a bit difficult to comment on your options without first examining your face to see what factors are causing your problem.  I would suggest a consultation with a board certified surgeon in your area to carefully evaluate your face, and formulate a plan that is right for you.  I have provided you with a link below.  Good Luck....Dr. Corrado

Anthony Corrado, DO
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial issues

+1
I think that it is best to be seen in person to see exactly what is the problem for you.  Good luck with your decision to follow through.