Can Previous Smart Lipo Affect Fat Grafting with a Brazilian Butt Lift?

Hello. About four years ago I had smart lipo to my upper and lower abdomen. It was a waste of money because the results were minimal and three months later all my fat had accumulated again. Now, I.am interested in the brazilian butt lift and I was told that previous liposuction in an area will affect the fat grafting to my buttocks. I am petite and all my fat is located in this area. Does this mean I cant have it done?

Can you still have the Brazilian Butt Lift if you have previously had Smart Lipo?

+3

I have performed the Brazilian Butt Lift on many women who have had prior liposuction including both Smart Lipo as well as Ultrasonic Lipo.  I have seen no difference in the results.  However, there is no question that patients who have had prior Smart Lipo have been much more difficult to liposuction due to the scar tissue caused by the laser.

Abdominal Harvest For BBL With Prior Liposuction

+3

Given that it has been four years ago and you have had fat reaccumulation, I see no reason why your abdominal fat would be damaged or unusable. The question is not the health of the fat that is there but whether there is enough to do a sufficient job of buttock augmentation.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Will prior lipo affect possible Brazilian Butt Lift?

+1

Thank you for the question.  Without more information (like an examination or at least a photo), the answer is maybe.  Liposuction can cause scarring that can make it difficult to harvest usable fat.  That is not always the case, but it is hard to know without examination.  I have performed the Brazilian Butt Lift on women who have previously undergone liposuction with great results.

Andrew Jimerson, MD