Why is Previous Scar From Other Surgery Affecting New Breast Enhancement Outcome?

i have done breast enhancement with 250 cc silicone. 7 year back i had surgery because of fibroedenoma which left a scar. now today 4th postoperative day and previous scar gives me pricking pain when i breath or cough, it feels like electric current passing in my right breast, left breast is fine now. i cant move my right hand becoz it pains like hell. doc says it will be gone. but what if it wont go away? its extreme pain when i move. i hv become handicap. previous suture is 2.5 cm long...help

Breast Implants - Pain from pre-existing scar

+1

It is, of course, very difficult to make an assessment without being able to examine you.  However, assuming everything else is okay with the surgery, my guess is that this will just settle down on its own eventually.  It's pretty common to have pain in specific areas after surgery such as this; the main thing is if it's generally getting better (and, of course, to make sure you don't have a legitimate complication from the surgery).

For the answers to those questions you'll need to remain under the care of your plastic surgeon, who's the only one who knows what you looked like before and exactly what was done during the surgery.

That being said, if there are no other problems than what you've described, I would expect it to get better without any intervention being required.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Pain after breast surgery

+1

Unfortunately, it is not possible to give you good advice without direct examination. Because you describe your discomfort has “extreme”, I would suggest that you request to be seen by your surgeon again as soon as possible. He/she will be in the best position to give you good advice and or treatment. Best wishes.