Previous Medications During Surgery?

I will be stopping my birth control this week, (3 weeks to go) so I'm good with that. I am on midodrine and florinef for low blood pressure and I used to faint. Been on these for 10 years or so and off during 2 pregnancies. I have phoned cardio and pharmacist and both are saying to check with ps of which meds are safe during surgery or if I should taper off ahead of time. I am also on librax for IBS D. If anyone can give input while I wait for a call back from my surgeons office. Thanks so much!

Medications to stop before surgery

+2

I would make sure you clear all of your meds with your internist and plastic surgeon before any procedures.  This includes any herbal drugs.

Previous Medications During Surgery?

+2

You will find that your plastic surgeon will have specific instructions for you in regards to the use of current medications. Generally speaking, these types of medications are continued  until the time of surgery and afterwards ( unless there is a specific contraindication such as a medication increasing the likelihood of bleeding);  it  will be important that all medical concerns  be optimally controlled prior to proceeding.

Medications to stop prior to surgery

+2

As long as you are stable on your medications you should be fine.  I am not familiar with your medications so yo may need to have your plastic surgeon review your history with your family physician prior to surgery.  

Your surgeon will determine which medications should be stopped before mommy makeover.

+1

This is not the forum to solicit information about drugs to be taken or not taken around your operation. Discuss this in detail with your plastic surgeon.