Previous Liposuction, Wanting BBL

Hi I'm 5-2, 132-lbs, I'm usually around 125-lbs, but have been gaining weight on purpose in preparation for BBL. I had liposuction of abdomen, flanks, and back more then 10- years ago; however i feel it was not very aggressive. I want to get a BBL, will the fact that I had liposuction in the past, be a problem? I do have fat on my ABD, flanks, back, and thighs!

Previous liposuction and fat transfer

+2

You may have some scar tissue in the areas you previously had liposuction, however, you still may have enough fat to do a fat transfer to the buttock. This depends on the quality of your skin and the donor fat. Some patients can be at higher risk for contour irregularities if they have liposuction to the same area more than once. An experienced plastic surgeon would need to examine you to determine if you are a good candidate.

Dr.Bruno

No issues with lipo 10 years ago

+2

Since you're liposuction was 10 years ago I do not think this will pose a problem. You should be fine to proceed with your liposuction and fat transfer for buttocks augmentation. Good luck.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Having had previous liposuction can I still proceed with the BBL?

+2

Having had liposuction does not necessarily disqualify you from having the BBL.I have had many patients who have had prior liposuction and have been able to undergo the BBL. You need to be examined by a Board Certified PS with extensive experience performing the BBL.

George Lefkovits, MD

Previous Liposuction, Wanting BBL

+2

A revision can be very effective.  I perform about 500 Brazilian buttlifts each year, and this procedure is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure.  About 25% of my patients have had previous liposuction and Brazilian buttlifts.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts and Brazilian buttlift revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Brazilian Butt Lift/Augmentation

+1

The BBL procedure involves harvest fat from areas of your body where there is excess fat and injecting that fat carefully into the central zone of your buttock. In addition, it involves liposculpting the buttock to facilitate a more rounded look. The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy. Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS