How to Prevent Back Acne?

Also, what type of laser treatments are available for the removal of hyper pigmented scars?

Acleara and IPL might help

+1

To treat and to prevent back acne you can try Acleara acne clearing device.  We get great results with series of 6-8 treatments spaced 7-10 days apart for existing acne so if you looking just to prevent it you may need one treatment every couple of months.  To improve your hyperpigmented scars, Fraxel laser or couple of VI precision plus peels may be beneficial.

Oral and Topical Antibiotic

+1

To answer your first question: an oral antibiotic, preferably one from the Tetracycline class such as Minocycline ( Soladyn being my choice) or Doxycycline ( Doryx or Adoxa being favored in this quarter). Decent topicals include Benzoyl Peroixide and Clindareach. The latter employs a wand mechanism along with form-fitting pads impregnated with Clindamycin..

For the type of scarring you most likely have, I feel the pulsed dye laser would be the choice.

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist