How Do You Prevent Further Scarring from IPL?

I had an IPL treatment last week and have already noticed a few spots (about the size of my finger tip in my cheek and below my eye) that are slightly indented that were never there before. Is this scarring? Is this normal? How can I prevent it from getting worse? Thanks!

It is not typical to see indentations after an IPL PhotoFacial treatment.

+1

I'm not certain what these indentations represent. This does not sound like scarring which may result if your skin was burned. You should bring these concerns to the attention of your physician.

I hope this is helpful for you.

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Scarring from IPL

+1

This complication is almost unheard of. Please return to the treating doctor for detailed evaluation and discussion. From MIAMI Dr. B

IPL should NOT cause Scarring

+1
IPL imparts energy specifically to certAin targets within the skin. It should not cause scarring unless you were on certain medication unknown to your doctor, were tanned etc. You really should be seen by your doctor and discuss it with him.

IPL and facial indents

+1

This is unusual for IPL and should be brought to the attention of your treating physician prior to proceeding with any additional treatments.