How Can I Prevent Loose/sagging Skin from Liposuction for a Brazilian Butt Lift?

How can I prevent loose/sagging skin from liposuction other than losing or gaining weight 6 months prior to and after surgery? Does long-term drinking lots of water and applying moisturizer help?

+1

If there is truly a skin laxity issue prior to liposuction, liposuction will not help the issue.  If the skin is of sufficient quality, you should be able to avoid this concern with the right surgeon.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.
Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

+1

Thank you for you question, Unfortunately there is no special method for you to avoid having loose skin after the Brazilian Butt Lift, Your Plastic Surgeon will be able to let you know If he/she considers that there will be too much loose skin for you to be a candidate for a Tummy Tuck as well for you to achieve better results.

Salvador Pantoja, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Prevention of loose skin before and after BBL

+1

Thanks for your question.  There is really not one great method to prevent loose skin after liposuction, the best possible way is to follow your surgeon's recommendations as far as compression garments and your post op care.  Skin elasticity is determined mostly by your genetics, age, amount of sun damage to skin, amount of stretch marks, etc.  Water will not help much, moisturizers will not help much.  In my practice, I routinely use my LASER lipo in a skin tightening mode to the suctioned areas after I remove the fat for harvesting.  This allows extra tightening of the skin.  In addition, 3 weeks after surgery I routinely have my nurse practitioner perform a skin tightening treatment with a Deep Infra red laser to produce more tightening.

Melinda Lirag Lacerna-Kimbrell, MD, FACS
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon