How to Prevent Cartilage Graft from Showing on the Side of the Tip After Revision Rhinoplasty?

I had a revision 3 weeks ago. Problems were saddle nose and cartilage that was showing on one side of the tip. After cast removal nose looked OK,straight and cartilage wasn't showing. Now swelling has gone down, the cartilage isn't sticking out yet, but I can feel it under the skin and a bit of a lighter color in the area. Does that mean it will soon show as swelling goes away?Anything that can be done to prevent if that is the case? No ear cartilage was used (only from within the nose)

Cartilage Graft Showing after Rhinoplasty Revision

+1

Palpability of a cartilage graft is not unusual.  The cartilage graft may become visible with time.  Ask your plastic surgeon about your concerns.

Preventing Appearance of Cartilage Grafting in Tip Region

+1

It would certainly help to see photos of your nose. It is very hard to say whether or not the tip graft will become more visible with time. I often times will place temporal fascia grafts in this region to help minimize visibility of any grafts. 

Web reference: http://www.drhilinski.com

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cartilage showing in rhinoplasty

+1

I am not exactly sure what you are describing. It is always best to at least show photos. If you see it now, the likelihood that it will be more prominent when swelling goes down is significant.