How Do I Prevent Capsular Contracture?

How can I prevent capsular contracture? I've read about compression, but I didn't know how much or how long. I've also read about medications and massaging. I got subglandular silicone implants a week ago. I know it hasn't been long, but they are oval shaped and hard, especially the right one. I don't know what to expect. Maybe I'm paranoid. The left one has gotten rounder and softer. Are there any symptoms and preventions to look for?

How to Prevent Capsular Contraction of Breast Implants

+4

Proper Surgical Technique is the most important factor in preventing capsular contraction around Breast Implants.

However capsular contraction rarely is evident before 6 weeks post op so it is too early for you to be worried.

In my opinion Breast Implant Displacement Exercises can be very helpful to soften and keep Breast Implants soft.

Be sure to ask your surgeon for instructions how to start Displacement Exercises which should help you.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/surgical-procedures/result-oriented-breast-augmentation-breast-enlargement/

Preventing capsular contracture

+1

One week after a breast augmentation is too soon to make judgements about the shape of your breasts.  It is normal for the breasts to be swollen, slightly firm, and misshapen at this point -- I usually advise patients that it can take up to 6-8 weeks for the breasts "to settle."  I would suggest that you follow up with your plastic surgeon so that he or she can address your concerns.  He or she may also have specific recommendations regarding the prevention of capsular contracture.  There are multiple theories as to why it occurs and what can be done to minimize its likelihood.  Your surgeon will be the best person to discuss these issues with.  Good luck!

Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Preventing Capsular contraction, how do I do it?

+1

I would tell you that implants are often mishappen and hard after the first week. Please f/u with your doctor and follow his post-op instructions and if your implants do not soften then re-post and I am sure you will get lots of answers. Good luck and be patient.

Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon