How Can I Best Prevent Bruising with my Next Silikon 1000 Lip Treatment?

Is bruising due to filler ingredients or surgical error?

Minimize Bruising with Lip Injections

+1

First of all, disregard the other physician's answer. Silikon 1000 (liquid injectable silicone) is an excellent filler for lip augmentation. In addition to being permanent (which is not a bad thing!), it is very precise and gives very natural-looking results.  In the hands of a board-certified dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon experienced in injecting Silikon 1000, it is an ideal filler.  To avoid bruising at your next treatment, you can try taking Arnica a few days before the treatment and continue it through 2 days after the treatment. A lot of bruising depends on the technique of injections, luck and the post-treatment physician protocol. We have patients hold firm pressure with gauze for at least 10 minutes after the treatments which helps to minimize a lot of bruising. 

Please avoid silicone in your lips!!!!!

+1

Permanent fillers can cause permanent problems!!  Impatient consumers who are looking for a permanent fix can get into unfixable problems with permanent fillers.  I once had to remove half of a patient's upper lip because of silicone nodules like grapes and even then couldn't get it all out.  Don't make this mistake, use temporary fillers.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS