Skin Test Before Prevelle - Allergic Reaction?

Can Prevelle cause an allergic reaction? Do I need a skin test before before getting Prevelle injections?

No you do not need a skin test

+3

Prevelle is a short-acting HA product which comes pre-packaged with lidocaine in the syringe. You do not need skin testing and it is not typical to have an allergic reaction to Prevelle. It is similar to Juvederm and Restylane. In the past you did need to have skin testing prior to collagen injections. 

No skin test needed for Prevelle

+2

Prevelle is composed of hyaluronic acid which is a natural substance found throughout the body.  You can't be allergic to it so no skin test is needed.  Prevelle does have Lidocaine (an anesthetic) and although Lidocaine allergies are rare, they do exist.

Prevelle is very smooth and in my experience results is very little if any bruising or swelling.  I love it for the lips.  It is the closest thing to immediate gratification if know (except for microwave nachos).

Lisa Lynn Sowder, M.D.

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

You do not need a skin test before Prevelle Silk

+2

Prevelle Silk is a hyaluronic acid with lidocaine in the formula, used for soft tissue filling. You do not need an allergy skin test before using it, but if you have an allergy to lidocaine you obviously cannot use it. It is also not recommended for people with multiple severe allergies. Any product has potential to cause an allergic reaction, so make sure you discuss your allergies with your doctor.

It is not as long lasting as many other hyaluronic acid formulations, but it also costs less and hurts less (due to the lidocaine). I would recommend discussing your options with a board certified plastic surgeon (or board certified dermatologist) to figure out if you are a good candidate for fillers, and if so which filler is best for you.

Good luck!

Anita Patel, MD

No skin test needed for Prevelle

+1

Prevelle is like Restylane with the numbing agent added. No skin test is needed and I have not seen an allergic reaction to it as of yet.

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

No skin patch testing required

+1

Prevelle is a very smooth formulation of Hyaluronic acid and LIdocaine, which makes the procedure very comfortable.  Like Restylane, Juvederm, Elevess, etc.  no skin patch test is required before treatment.

Lavinia Chong, MD