Milia on Foreskin - How to Get Rid of It?

I'm Pretty Sure I Have Milia on my Foreskin, What Would Be the Best Way to Get Rid of It?

Milia on foreskin

+1

I doubt you have milia in this location as I don't think I've ever seen milia on the foreskin. More likely, you are referring to Fordyce glands, although if the lesions are at the base/rim of the glans (head of penis), then they are likely pearly penile papules. Best to speak with your dermatologist about the proper diagnosis, and then the appropriate treatment plan. Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

See A Dermatologist

+1

This is an unusual but not rare place for milia. It would be best to see a dermatologist to confirm your initial impression. If these lesions are milia, the area can be numbed with a topical cream. The thin skin of the area will make this relatively effective, then the milia can be extracted. I prefer to use forceps after the milia has been gently pierced with either an eleven blade or a 30 gauge needle.

Oftentimes, a retinoid can be used to pre-treat milia, making the procedure easier. However, in this location one would expect irritation, so this should be avoided.

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Milia on foreskin

+1

See a dermatologist to confirm the diagnosis. Some have reported improvement with benign papules with the Fraxel laser if they are "pearly penile papules" which is not an uncommon condition.

Ronald Shelton, MD