Is a Pretty Large Hard Area a Sign of a Seroma 8 Days PO on Submental Liposuction?

I'm 35 years old and had submental liposuction 8 days ago. The stitches came out on day 5 and at that point I wasn't concerned as there was a good deal of swelling. As I've progressed, the swelling is significantly better on my left side but my right side has a very large, and very hard, area extending from the midline to the corner of my jaw. I knew ahead of time that "lumps" and "bumps" are part of the recovery but what I don't know is how to define this-are hard areas this large normal?

8 Days PO on Submental Liposuction?

Neck liposuction can produce a fair amount of swelling. One side being more swollen than the other can happen just normally. If you have a heavy bruise on that side then that might mean you have a hematoma. Hematomas are possible with liposuction.

Bakersfield Plastic Surgeon