Pressure on Stomach 4 Weeks After Tummy Tuck

Two weeks after tummy tuck, healing started going downhill. It has been 4 weeks, and cannot stand or walk without bending over - pressure is so intense. My doctor says the muscles may be pulled too tight. Will they relax eventually, or will he need to go in and remove sutures (that was his idea)?

Tummy Tuck Muscle Repair "Issues"

+1

There could be several potential causes that may contribute to the feeling of "muscles may be pulled too tight". I would make sure there is no fluid collection, another intra-abdominal process or back spasms before throwing in the towel and re operating.

Back muscle spasms may cause similar pain and may be relieved with one or several back blocks. If the examination is unhelpful I would get a CT or MRI scan of the abdomen and spine and if those are negative pending examination of the back, I would defer to a pain specialist for a block before considering undoing the muscle repair.